Timothy M Hoffman
Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Newer inotropes in pediatric heart failureTimothy M Hoffman
Nationwide Children s Hospital Heart Center, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 58:121-5. 2011..Finally, istaroxime, a calcium cycling agent that is in the beginning of adult study, may be another inotrope with lusitropic properties that might be applicable to pediatric patients...
- Palliation via hybrid procedure of a 1.4-kg patient with a hypoplastic left heartClifford L Cua
The Heart Center, Columbus Children s Hospital, and Division of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43205 2696, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 2:191-3. 2007..We propose that this may be another alternative for palliation in this high-risk patient group...
- Hybrid approach for hypoplastic left heart syndrome: intermediate results after the learning curveMark Galantowicz
The Heart Center, Nationwide Children s Hospital, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:2063-70; discussion 2070-1. 2008..Herein we report our results using this hybrid approach in a uniform risk cohort...
- Parental knowledge and attitudes toward hypertrophic cardiomyopathy genetic testingSara M Fitzgerald-Butt
Center for Molecular and Human Genetics, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 31:195-202. 2010..This study provides healthcare providers with a framework to understand caregivers' knowledge and views of genetic testing, which can be used to improve clinical care for pediatric HCM patients...
- Pediatric sub-specialist controversies in the treatment of congenital heart disease in trisomy 13 or 18Andrew R Yates
Nationwide Children s Hospital and Research Institute, Columbus, OH, USA
J Genet Couns 20:495-509. 2011..Parental wishes that "everything be done" significantly influenced all specialists' recommendations...
- Initial counseling prior to palliation for hypoplastic left heart syndromeAndrew R Yates
Nationwide Children s Hospital and Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:347-58. 2011..We sought to examine what procedure, if any, is recommended for HLHS management in regard to physician preference, anatomical variations, and concomitant medical issues...
- Hyperglycemia is a marker for poor outcome in the postoperative pediatric cardiac patientAndrew R Yates
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43205 2696, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 7:351-5. 2006..Minimal data exist in postoperative pediatric cardiac patients. The goal of this study was to determine whether hyperglycemia in the postoperative period was associated with increased morbidity or mortality...
- Improved interstage mortality with the modified Norwood procedure: a meta-analysisClifford L Cua
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Columbus Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205 2696, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:44-9. 2005..The goal of this study was to determine if meta-analysis would provide sufficient data to prove statistical difference in interstage mortality for the modified Norwood procedure...
- Amplatzer septal occluder associated with late pulmonary venous obstruction requiring surgical removal with acquired aorta to left atrial fistulaNasser Moiduddin
Nationwide Children s Hospital, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:1039-40. 2009....