David S Hains
Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Do declining private insurance coverage rates influence pediatric hospital charging practices?David S Hains
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 50:417-23. 2011..To analyze trends in primary payer composition for pediatric hospitalizations and insurance coverage rates from 2000 to 2006 and possible effects on hospital charging practices...
- Struvite urolithiasis and chronic urinary tract infection in a murine model of urinary diversionBrian Becknell
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Urology 81:943-8. 2013..To characterize the clinical course after cutaneous vesicostomy (CV) in megabladder (mgb(-/-)) mice with functional urinary bladder obstruction...
- Molecular basis of renal adaptation in a murine model of congenital obstructive nephropathyBrian Becknell
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e72762. 2013..These observations will permit the development of novel biomarkers and therapeutic approaches to progressive renal injury in the context of congenital obstruction. ..
- Ribonuclease 7, an antimicrobial peptide upregulated during infection, contributes to microbial defense of the human urinary tractJohn David Spencer
1 Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA 2 Center for Clinical and Translational Research, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Kidney Int 83:615-25. 2013..Thus, RNase 7 expression is increased in the urinary tract with infection and has antibacterial activity against uropathogens at micromolar concentrations...
- Hepatoblastoma and prune belly syndrome: a potential associationBrian Becknell
Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 26:1269-73. 2011..All individuals were born after 2002. These subjects lacked genetic, natal, or environmental factors known to confer risk of HBL. The occurrence of PBS and HBL in these patients constitutes a novel potential association...
- Contribution of structural domains to the activity of ribonuclease 7 against uropathogenic bacteriaHuanyu Wang
Center for Clinical and Translational Medicine, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:766-74. 2013..Our results suggest that distinct mechanisms are responsible for RNase 7's antimicrobial activity against various uropathogens...
- Impact of urinary tract infection on inpatient healthcare for congenital obstructive uropathyBrian Becknell
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43201, USA
J Pediatr Urol 8:470-6. 2012..Urinary tract infections (UTIs) pose a risk for ascending infections and CKD in patients with COU. We evaluated the impact of comorbid UTIs on hospital charges and length of stay (LOS) for pediatric COU discharges...