Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Impact of urinary tract infection on inpatient healthcare for congenital obstructive uropathyBrian Becknell
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43201, USA
J Pediatr Urol 8:470-6. 2012..Urinary tract infections (UTIs) pose a risk for ascending infections and CKD in patients with COU. We evaluated the impact of comorbid UTIs on hospital charges and length of stay (LOS) for pediatric COU discharges...
- Hepatoblastoma and prune belly syndrome: a potential associationBrian Becknell
Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 26:1269-73. 2011..All individuals were born after 2002. These subjects lacked genetic, natal, or environmental factors known to confer risk of HBL. The occurrence of PBS and HBL in these patients constitutes a novel potential association...
- Struvite urolithiasis and chronic urinary tract infection in a murine model of urinary diversionBrian Becknell
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Urology 81:943-8. 2013..To characterize the clinical course after cutaneous vesicostomy (CV) in megabladder (mgb(-/-)) mice with functional urinary bladder obstruction...
- The demographics and costs of inpatient vesicoureteral reflux management in the USAJohn David Spencer
Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship Program, Nationwide Children s Hospital, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 26:1995-2001. 2011..Since 2000, hospital charges for inpatient VUR management have increased. More efforts are needed to evaluate cost-effective strategies for the evaluation and management of VUR...
- Molecular basis of renal adaptation in a murine model of congenital obstructive nephropathyBrian Becknell
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e72762. 2013..These observations will permit the development of novel biomarkers and therapeutic approaches to progressive renal injury in the context of congenital obstruction. ..
- Ultrasound imaging of the murine kidneyAshley R Carpenter
Center for Molecular and Human Genetics, Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Methods Mol Biol 886:403-10. 2012..We have developed a simple US-based method of detection and quantitation of hydronephrosis in a mouse model of congenital obstructive nephropathy, the megabladder (mgb) mouse...
- Urinary diversion via cutaneous vesicostomy in the megabladder mouseAshley R Carpenter
Center for Molecular and Human Genetics, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Methods Mol Biol 886:393-402. 2012....
- Novel X-linked glomerulopathy is associated with a COL4A5 missense mutation in a non-collagenous interruptionBrian Becknell
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Kidney Int 79:120-7. 2011..Hence, COL4A5 mutation analysis should be considered when glomerulonephritis presents in an X-linked inheritance pattern, even with a presentation distinct from Alport syndrome...