Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Senior research scientist
- [Effects of clonidine and midazolam on postoperative shivering, nausea, and vomiting]Hang Zhao
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi 409 3898
Masui 54:1253-7. 2005..Postoperative shivering, nausea, and vomiting are common problems after general anesthesia. We compared the effects of clonidine and those of midazolam on postoperative shivering, nausea and vomiting in elderly patients...
- Intrathecal landiolol inhibits nociception and spinal c-Fos expression in the mouse formalin testHang Zhao
Department of Anaesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Can J Anaesth 54:201-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine if intrathecal landiolol, a beta1-blocker, can modulate formalin-induced nociception and spinal c-Fos expression in mice, in the absence of anesthesia...
- Lack of methionine sulfoxide reductase A in mice increases sensitivity to oxidative stress but does not diminish life spanAdam B Salmon
Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 15355 Lambda Dr, San Antonio, TX 78245 3207, USA
FASEB J 23:3601-8. 2009..Thus, our results show that MsrA regulates sensitivity to oxidative stress in mice but has no effect on aging, as determined by life span...
- Dual sites of protein initiation control the localization and myristoylation of methionine sulfoxide reductase AGeumsoo Kim
Laboratory of Biochemistry, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 285:18085-94. 2010..Lipidation of methionine sulfoxide reductase A occurs in the mouse, in transfected tissue culture cells, and even in a cell-free protein synthesis system. The physiologic role of myristoylation of MsrA remains to be elucidated...
- Transgenic mice overexpressing methionine sulfoxide reductase A: characterization of embryonic fibroblastsHang Zhao
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 49:641-8. 2010..We conclude that overexpression of methionine sulfoxide reductase A did not confer resistance to oxidative stress because the cells lacked other proteins required to constitute a functional methionine sulfoxide reduction system...
- Myristoylated methionine sulfoxide reductase A protects the heart from ischemia-reperfusion injuryHang Zhao
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8012, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H1513-8. 2011..We conclude that cytosolic MsrA protects the heart from ischemia-reperfusion damage. The requirement for myristoylation suggests that MsrA must interact with a hydrophobic domain to provide protection...
- Methionine sulfoxide reductase contributes to meeting dietary methionine requirementsHang Zhao
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 522:37-43. 2012..We conclude that the methionine sulfoxide reductases can provide methionine for growth in mice with limited intake of methionine, such as may occur in the wild...