Xian Chun Zeng
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Identification of BmKAPi, a novel type of scorpion venom peptide with peculiar disulfide bridge pattern from Buthus martensii KarschXian Chun Zeng
Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, People s Republic of China
Toxicon 40:1719-22. 2002..These results suggest that BmKAPi is a new type of scorpion venom peptide different from other described scorpion toxins in structural and functional aspects...
- Identification and functional characterization of novel scorpion venom peptides with no disulfide bridge from Buthus martensii KarschXian Chun Zeng
Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Peptides 25:143-50. 2004..Functional tests with synthetic peptide showed that BmKn2 has strong antimicrobial activity against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, whereas BmKb1 has weak activity in inhibiting the growth of these bacteria...
- Characterization of a novel cDNA encoding a short venom peptide derived from venom gland of scorpion Buthus martensii Karsch: trans-splicing may play an important role in the diversification of scorpion venom peptidesXian Chun Zeng
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Institute of Virology, Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Peptides 27:675-81. 2006..The data suggest that the BmKT-u transcript is a naturally occurring mature mRNA that is generated by trans-splicing. Trans-splicing may contribute to the diversity of venom peptides from venomous animals...
- Scorpion venom peptides without disulfide bridgesXian Chun Zeng
Department of Biotechnology, Key Laboratory of MOE for Virology, Institute of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, P R China
IUBMB Life 57:13-21. 2005..Based on their pharmacological activities and peptide size similarity, we have classified these peptides into six subfamilies...
- Evidence that BmTXK beta-BmKCT cDNA from Chinese scorpion Buthus martensii Karsch is an artifact generated in the reverse transcription processXian-Chun Zeng
FEBS Lett 520:183-4; author reply 185. 2002
- Molecular cloning and functional expression of a gene encoding an antiarrhythmia peptide derived from the scorpion toxinFang Peng
Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, China Department of Cardiology, Tongji Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Eur J Biochem 269:4468-75. 2002..Using whole cell patch-clamp recording, it was discovered that the recombinant BmKIM inhibited the sodium current in rat dorsal root ganglion neurons and ventricular myocytes and protected against aconitine- induced cardiac arrhythmia...
- Genomic organization of four novel nondisulfide-bridged peptides from scorpion Mesobuthus martensii Karsch: gaining insight into evolutionary mechanismFeng Luo
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Peptides 26:2427-33. 2005..The data suggest that the genomic organizational pattern of NDBPs displays more divergence than that exhibited by the genes that encode disulfide-bridged peptides from scorpions...
- Molecular dissection of venom from Chinese scorpion Mesobuthus martensii: identification and characterization of four novel disulfide-bridged venom peptidesXian-Chun Zeng
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Peptides 27:1745-54. 2006..BmKKx2 is a new member of the gamma-K+ -channel toxin subfamily (classified as gamma-KTx 2.2). The venoms of scorpions thus continue to provide novel toxins with potential novel actions on targets...
- Hsp70 dynamics in vivo: effect of heat shock and protein aggregationXian-Chun Zeng
Laboratory of Cell Biology, NHLBI, NIH, 50 South Drive MSC 8017, Bethesda, MD 20892-0301, USA
J Cell Sci 117:4991-5000. 2004..This provides strong evidence that Hsp70 interacts not only with organelles but also with diffusive proteins in the nucleoplasm and cytoplasm during heat shock as well as with diffusive huntingtin fragments...