A J Zametkin
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Suicide in teenagers: assessment, management, and preventionA J Zametkin
National Institute of Mental Health, 3N238 Bldg 10, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
JAMA 286:3120-5. 2001..The importance of screening adolescent patients for depression is emphasized. Although teenage suicide is rare and hard to predict, identifying and treating adolescents at risk is essential to further reduce teenage suicide...
- Psychiatric aspects of child and adolescent obesity: a review of the past 10 yearsAlan J Zametkin
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:134-50. 2004..To review the past 10 years of published research on psychiatric aspects of child and adolescent obesity and highlight information mental health professionals need for preventing obesity in youths and diagnosing and treating it...
- Laboratory and diagnostic testing in child and adolescent psychiatry: a review of the past 10 yearsA J Zametkin
National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 37:464-72. 1998..To review in a critical fashion the literature of the past decade covering diagnostic and laboratory testing in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry...
- Follow-up of radial arterial catheterization for positron emission tomography studiesP H Jons
Laboratory of Cerebral Metabolism, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1384, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 5:119-23. 1997..Of these eight cases, three (37.5%) were inpatients diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, a condition that may represent a risk factor. All abnormalities were benign, did not affect motor function, and did not require medical intervention...
- High midbrain [18F]DOPA accumulation in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderM Ernst
Laboratory of Cerebral Metabolism, NIMH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:1209-15. 1999..Converging evidence, however, suggests a primary role of the dopaminergic system...