Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Cardioprotection leads to novel changes in the mitochondrial proteomeRenee Wong
Translational Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H75-91. 2010..Thus the ability of PC and GSK inhibition to alter the expression levels of electron transport complexes will have important implications for mitochondrial function...
- CypD(-/-) hearts have altered levels of proteins involved in Krebs cycle, branch chain amino acid degradation and pyruvate metabolismSara Menazza
Systems Biology Center, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 56:81-90. 2013..In summary, CypD(-/-) hearts exhibit changes in many metabolic pathways and caution should be used when interpreting results from these mice as due solely to inhibition of the MPTP...
- Cyclophilin D modulates mitochondrial acetylomeTiffany Tuyen M Nguyen
From the Systems Biology Center T T M N, S M, J S, E M, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences R W, Proteomics Core Facility Y C, G W, M G, and Center for Molecular Medicine M N S, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD and Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Center, Baltimore, MD C S
Circ Res 113:1308-19. 2013..As acetylation has been shown to regulate metabolism, we tested whether changes in protein acetylation might play a role in these metabolic changes in CypD(-/-) hearts...
- Acute inhibition of GSK causes mitochondrial remodelingTiffany Nguyen
Systems Biology Center, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H2439-45. 2012..Taken together, these data show that SB leads to a remodeling of the mitochondrial proteome that is partially GD sensitive...
- The NAD-dependent deacetylase SIRT2 is required for programmed necrosisNisha Narayan
Center for Molecular Medicine, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 492:199-204. 2012....
- Mechanism of cardioprotection: what can we learn from females?Elizabeth Murphy
NHLBI, NIH, Room 8N202, Building 10, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 32:354-9. 2011..It investigates estrogen signaling mediated by the nuclear estrogen receptors alpha and beta and the G-protein-coupled receptor (GPR 30/GPER). Estrogen signaling via nitric oxide and the PI3K pathway are discussed...
- Mitochondrial permeability transition pore and calcium handlingRenee Wong
Cardiac Physiology Section, Systems Biology Center, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Methods Mol Biol 810:235-42. 2012..This chapter focuses on key issues in the study of the MPT and provides some methods for measuring MPT opening in isolated mitochondria...