Affiliation: National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
- Wolfe F, Walitt B, Katz R, Lee Y, Michaud K, Hauser W. Longitudinal patterns of analgesic and central acting drug use and associated effectiveness in fibromyalgia. Eur J Pain. 2013;17:581-6 pubmed publisher..Drug costs are substantially higher because of NCAD use, but we found no evidence of clinical benefit for NCAD compared with prior therapy. ..
- Wolfe F, Walitt B, Rasker J, Katz R, HÃ¤user W. The Use of Polysymptomatic Distress Categories in the Evaluation of Fibromyalgia (FM) and FM Severity. J Rheumatol. 2015;42:1494-501 pubmed publisher..Although FM criteria can be clinically useful, there is no clear-cut symptom distinction between FM (+) and FM (-), and PSD categories can aid in more effectively classifying patients. ..
- Wolfe F, Egloff N, HÃ¤user W. Widespread Pain and Low Widespread Pain Index Scores among Fibromyalgia-positive Cases Assessed with the 2010/2011 Fibromyalgia Criteria. J Rheumatol. 2016;43:1743-8 pubmed publisher..8% of current 2011 cases. Future revisions of the 2010/2011 criteria should consider incorporating the ? 4-region requirement to avoid misclassification. ..
- Wolfe F, Clauw D, Fitzcharles M, Goldenberg D, HÃ¤user W, Katz R, et al. 2016 Revisions to the 2010/2011 fibromyalgia diagnostic criteria. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2016;46:319-329 pubmed publisher..These changes allow the criteria to function as diagnostic criteria, while still being useful for classification. ..
- Wolfe F, Michaud K, Li T, Katz R. EQ-5D and SF-36 quality of life measures in systemic lupus erythematosus: comparisons with rheumatoid arthritis, noninflammatory rheumatic disorders, and fibromyalgia. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:296-304 pubmed publisher..EQ-5D and PCS are at the same levels in SLE as in RA and NIRD, but are more abnormal in SLE in the MCS and mental health domains. EQ-5D values allow preference-based comparisons with other chronic conditions. ..
- Wolfe F, Michaud K, Li T, Katz R. Chronic conditions and health problems in rheumatic diseases: comparisons with rheumatoid arthritis, noninflammatory rheumatic disorders, systemic lupus erythematosus, and fibromyalgia. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:305-15 pubmed publisher..Depression was the most strongly associated correlate of EQ-5D quality of life, and current depression was present in about 15% of patients with RA or NIRD and 34% to 39% of those with SLE and FM. ..
- Wolfe F, Marmor M. Rates and predictors of hydroxychloroquine retinal toxicity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2010;62:775-84 pubmed publisher..Toxicity was unassociated with age, daily dosage, or weight. These findings will aid the reformulation of screening guidelines. ..
- Wolfe F, Brahler E, Hinz A, Häuser W. Fibromyalgia prevalence, somatic symptom reporting, and the dimensionality of polysymptomatic distress: results from a survey of the general population. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2013;65:777-85 pubmed publisher..To evaluate fibromyalgia in the general population with emphasis on prevalence, dimensionality, and somatic symptom severity...