Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- The tumor suppressor protein menin inhibits AKT activation by regulating its cellular localizationYan Wang
Metabolic Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 71:371-82. 2011..Together, our results suggest menin as an important novel negative regulator of AKT kinase activity...
- Determination of free and protein-bound glutathione in HepG2 cells using capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detectionYan Wang
Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Chromatogr A 1216:3533-7. 2009....
- Structural basis of G protein-coupled receptor-G protein interactionsJianxin Hu
Molecular Signaling Section, Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Chem Biol 6:541-8. 2010..As heterotrimeric G proteins as well as most GPCRs share a high degree of structural homology, our findings should be of broad general relevance...
- Cannabinoids inhibit insulin receptor signaling in pancreatic β-cellsWook Kim
National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Diabetes 60:1198-209. 2011..We undertook the current study to investigate if intraislet endogenous cannabinoids (ECs) regulate β-cell proliferation and if they influence insulin action...
- Structural basis of toll-like receptor 3 signaling with double-stranded RNALin Liu
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 320:379-81. 2008..This juxtaposition could mediate downstream signaling by dimerizing the cytoplasmic Toll interleukin-1 receptor (TIR) domains. The overall shape of the TLR3-ECD does not change upon binding to dsRNA...