Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Berkowitz J, Janik J, Stewart D, Jaffe E, Stetler Stevenson M, Shih J, et al. Safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of daclizumab (anti-CD25) in patients with adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Clin Immunol. 2014;155:176-87 pubmed publisher..g., multiple sclerosis) since high-dose daclizumab is required to saturate IL-2R alpha in extravascular sites. ..
- Conlon K, Lugli E, Welles H, Rosenberg S, Fojo A, Morris J, et al. Redistribution, hyperproliferation, activation of natural killer cells and CD8 T cells, and cytokine production during first-in-human clinical trial of recombinant human interleukin-15 in patients with cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33:74-82 pubmed publisher..To reduce toxicity and increase efficacy, alternative dosing strategies have been initiated, including continuous intravenous infusions and subcutaneous IL-15 administration. ..
- Waldmann T. The biology of interleukin-2 and interleukin-15: implications for cancer therapy and vaccine design. Nat Rev Immunol. 2006;6:595-601 pubmed..As discussed in this Review, the biology of these cytokines will affect the development of novel therapies for malignancy and autoimmune diseases, as well as the design of vaccines against infectious diseases. ..
- Ju W, Zhang M, Wilson K, Petrus M, Bamford R, Zhang X, et al. Augmented efficacy of brentuximab vedotin combined with ruxolitinib and/or Navitoclax in a murine model of human Hodgkin's lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:1624-9 pubmed publisher..These studies provide scientific support for a clinical trial to evaluate BV combined with ruxolitinib in select patients with HL. ..
- Sharma K, Janik J, O Mahony D, Stewart D, Pittaluga S, Stetler Stevenson M, et al. Phase II Study of Alemtuzumab (CAMPATH-1) in Patients with HTLV-1-Associated Adult T-cell Leukemia/lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:35-42 pubmed publisher..These studies support inclusion of alemtuzumab in novel multidrug therapies for ATL. Clin Cancer Res; 23(1); 35-42. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Chen J, Zhang Y, Petrus M, Xiao W, Nicolae A, Raffeld M, et al. Cytokine receptor signaling is required for the survival of ALK- anaplastic large cell lymphoma, even in the presence of JAK1/STAT3 mutations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:3975-3980 pubmed publisher..Therefore, JAK inhibitor therapy might benefit patients with ALK- ALCL who are phosphorylated STAT3<sup/>. ..