Cathy D Vocke
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- High frequency of somatic frameshift BHD gene mutations in Birt-Hogg-Dubé-associated renal tumorsCathy D Vocke
Urologic Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:931-5. 2005..These results support a role for BHD as a tumor suppressor gene that predisposes to the development of renal tumors when both copies are inactivated...
- UOK 262 cell line, fumarate hydratase deficient (FH-/FH-) hereditary leiomyomatosis renal cell carcinoma: in vitro and in vivo model of an aberrant energy metabolic pathway in human cancerYoufeng Yang
Urologic Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1107, Bldg 10 CRC, Room 1 5942, Bethesda, MD 20892 1107
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 196:45-55. 2010..This tumor model is the embodiment of the Warburg effect. UOK 262 provides a unique in vitro and in vivo preclinical model for studying the bioenergetics of the Warburg effect in human cancer...
- The UOK 257 cell line: a novel model for studies of the human Birt-Hogg-Dubé gene pathwayYoufeng Yang
Urologic Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 1W 5888, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 180:100-9. 2008..The result demonstrates that the established tumor cells consist of two cell populations, one containing four and one containing five copies of the MYC oncogene...
- Hereditary kidney cancer: unique opportunity for disease-based therapyW Marston Linehan
Urologic Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Building 10 CRC, Room 1 5940, Bethesda, MD 20892 1107, USA
Cancer 115:2252-61. 2009..Studies of the tricarboxylic acid cycle and the VHL-HIF pathways have provided the foundation for therapeutic approaches in patients with HLRCC-associated kidney cancer as well as other hereditary and sporadic forms of RCC...
- Identification of intragenic deletions and duplication in the FLCN gene in Birt-Hogg-Dubé syndromeJihane N Benhammou
Urologic Oncology Branch, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:466-77. 2011..RQ-PCR, MLPA and aCGH may be used for clinical molecular diagnosis of BHDS in patients who are FLCN mutation-negative by DNA sequencing...
- A novel fumarate hydratase-deficient HLRCC kidney cancer cell line, UOK268: a model of the Warburg effect in cancerYoufeng Yang
Urologic Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Genet 205:377-90. 2012....
- Determination of a minimal deletion interval on chromosome band 8p21 in sporadic prostate cancerJennifer I Swalwell
Pathogenetics Unit, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 33:201-5. 2002..The three cases define an internally consistent minimal candidate tumor suppressor gene interval of approximately two megabases...
- The RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene is inactivated in prostate tumors and suppresses growth of prostate carcinoma cellsIgor Kuzmin
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Cancer Res 62:3498-502. 2002..Suppression of cell growth in vitro was demonstrated after the reintroduction of RASSF1A-expressing construct into LNCaP prostate carcinoma cells. Our data implicate the RASSF1A gene in human prostate tumorigenesis...