Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Rapid eye movement sleep percentage in children with autism compared with children with developmental delay and typical developmentAshura Williams Buckley
National Institute of Mental Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:1032-7. 2010..To compare objective polysomnographic parameters between 3 cohorts: children with autism, typical development, and developmental delay without autism...
- The importance of autism researchAudrey Thurm
Pediatrics and Developmental Neuroscience Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 14:219-22. 2012..This editorial discusses the importance of autism research, noting areas of progress and ongoing challenges and focusing on studies of the etiology, pathophysiology, and treatment of autism spectrum disorders...
- Predictors of language acquisition in preschool children with autism spectrum disordersAudrey Thurm
Pediatric and Developmental Neuropsychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1255, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:1721-34. 2007....
- Repetitive behavior and restricted interests in young children with autism: comparisons with controls and stability over 2 yearsLisa Joseph
Pediatrics and Developmental Neuroscience Branch, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Autism Res 6:584-95. 2013..Age, cognitive functioning, sex and social-communication impairment were not significant correlates. Among children with autism, RRBs remained stable over time...
- Compared to what? Early brain overgrowth in autism and the perils of population normsArmin Raznahan
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland Electronic address
Biol Psychiatry 74:563-75. 2013....
- Lack of serum antibodies against Borrelia burgdorferi in children with autismPeter D Burbelo
Neurobiology and Pain Therapeutics Section, Laboratory of Sensory Biology, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 20:1092-3. 2013..No seropositivity against Borrelia burgdorferi was detected in the children with and without autism. There was no evidence of an association between Lyme disease and autism. ..
- Dietary adequacy of children with autism compared with controls and the impact of restricted dietJennifer Graf-Myles
Nutrition Department, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD Pediatrics and Developmental Neuroscience Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
J Dev Behav Pediatr 34:449-59. 2013....
- Patterns of growth in verbal abilities among children with autism spectrum disorderDeborah K Anderson
Autism and Communication Disorders Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2054, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 75:594-604. 2007..Children with autism most at risk for more serious language impairments later in life can be identified with considerable accuracy at a very young age, while improvement can range from minimal to dramatic...
- Studying the emergence of autism spectrum disorders in high-risk infants: methodological and practical issuesLonnie Zwaigenbaum
Department of Paediatrics, McMaster Children s Hospital at McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Autism Dev Disord 37:466-80. 2007..We suggest possible design and implementation strategies to address these various challenges, based on current research efforts in the field and previous studies involving high-risk populations...
- Autism from 2 to 9 years of ageCatherine Lord
University of Michigan Autism and Communication Disorders Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:694-701. 2006..Autism represents an unusual pattern of development beginning in the infant and toddler years...