Genomes and Genes
J T Thomas
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Disruption of human limb morphogenesis by a dominant negative mutation in CDMP1J T Thomas
Craniofacial and Skeletal Diseases Branch, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Genet 17:58-64. 1997..The mutation and its proposed mechanism of action provide the first human genetic indication that composite expression patterns of different BMPs dictate limb and digit morphogenesis...
- A human chondrodysplasia due to a mutation in a TGF-beta superfamily memberJ T Thomas
Bone Research Branch, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Genet 12:315-7. 1996..The resulting phenotype provides direct evidence for the involvement of CDMP-1 in human skeletal development and represents the first human disorder attributable to a mutation in a TGF-beta superfamily member...
- Role of CDMP-1 in skeletal morphogenesis: promotion of mesenchymal cell recruitment and chondrocyte differentiationN Tsumaki
Craniofacial Developmental Biology and Regeneration Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 144:161-73. 1999..These results indicate that CDMP-1 antagonizes the ventralization signals from the notochord. Our study suggests a molecular mechanism by which CDMP-1 regulates the formation, growth, and differentiation of the skeletal elements...
- Cartilage-derived morphogenetic proteins. New members of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily predominantly expressed in long bones during human embryonic developmentS C Chang
Bone Research Branch, NIDR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 269:28227-34. 1994....
- Amino acid substitutions of conserved residues in the carboxyl-terminal domain of the alpha 1(X) chain of type X collagen occur in two unrelated families with metaphyseal chondrodysplasia type SchmidG A Wallis
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
Am J Hum Genet 54:169-78. 1994....
- Assignment of a new TGF-beta superfamily member, human cartilage-derived morphogenetic protein-1, to chromosome 20q11.2K Lin
Bone Research Branch, National Institute of Dental Research
Genomics 34:150-1. 1996
- Mutations in CDMP1 cause autosomal dominant brachydactyly type CA Polinkovsky
Nat Genet 17:18-9. 1997