James L Tatum
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Workshop on imaging science development for cancer prevention and preemptionGary J Kelloff
NIH NCI DCTD, Cancer Imaging Program, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Biomark 3:1-33. 2007..Imaging devices, alone or in combination with anticancer drugs, may also provide novel interventions to treat or prevent precancer...
- Hypoxia: importance in tumor biology, noninvasive measurement by imaging, and value of its measurement in the management of cancer therapyJames L Tatum
National Cancer Institute, Executive Plaza North, Room 6000, 6130 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20852 7440, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 82:699-757. 2006....
- The progress and promise of molecular imaging probes in oncologic drug developmentGary J Kelloff
Cancer Imaging Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:7967-85. 2005..The current regulatory opportunities for new and existing probe development and testing are also reviewed, with a focus on recent Food and Drug Administration guidance to facilitate early clinical development of promising probes...
- Imaging in the evaluation of the patient with suspected acute coronary syndromeMichael C Kontos
Virginia Commonwealth University, VCU Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23298 0051, USA
Cardiol Clin 23:517-30, vii. 2005..This necessity further increases the need for rapid triage tools, especially in the current setting of ED and hospital overcrowding that has become the norm in large urban centers...
- Myocardial salvage in patients with non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction determined by myocardial perfusion imagingMichael C Kontos
Department of Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology Division, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:398-401. 2005....
- Sensitivity of acute rest myocardial perfusion imaging for identifying patients with myocardial infarction based on a troponin definitionMichael C Kontos
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology Division, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 11:12-9. 2004..A recent recommendation is that patients with increased troponin levels be diagnosed as having MI. The sensitivity and characteristics of patients who have elevated troponin levels who also underwent early MPI are unknown...
- Impact of the troponin standard on the prevalence of acute myocardial infarctionMichael C Kontos
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology Division, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0051, USA
Am Heart J 146:446-52. 2003..The impact of this change has not been well described. Our objective was to determine the impact of a troponin standard on the prevalence of acute non-ST-elevation MI...
- A comprehensive strategy for the evaluation and triage of the chest pain patient: a cost comparison studyMichael C Kontos
Department of Radiology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Hospital and Physicians of the Virginia Commonwealth, University Health Systems, Richmond, VA 23298 0051, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 10:284-90. 2003..We found previously that a chest pain evaluation system that uses MPI in low-risk patients was safe and effective, but the cost-effectiveness of this approach was not studied...
- Utility of troponin I in patients with cocaine-associated chest painMichael C Kontos
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology Division, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Hospitals, Richmond, VA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 9:1007-13. 2002..Troponin sampling may offer greater diagnostic utility in these patients...
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology position statement on radionuclide imaging in patients with suspected acute ischemic syndromes in the emergency department or chest pain centerFrans J Th Wackers
J Nucl Cardiol 9:246-50. 2002
- Comparison of 2-dimensional echocardiography and myocardial perfusion imaging for diagnosing myocardial infarction in emergency department patientsMichael C Kontos
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Medical College of Virginia, Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Am Heart J 143:659-67. 2002..However, the inclusion of small numbers of patients in prior studies limits the accurate assessment of sensitivity of the 2 techniques...
- Incidence of high-risk acute coronary syndromes and eligibility for glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors among patients admitted for possible myocardial ischemiaMichael C Kontos
Medical College of Virginia Hospitals of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Am Heart J 143:70-5. 2002..However, little is known about how many patients are actually eligible for treatment. Our purpose was to determine how many patients admitted for possible myocardial infarction (MI) meet GP IIb/IIIa inhibitor treatment criteria...