Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- TLR agonists and/or IL-15 adjuvanted mucosal SIV vaccine reduced gut CD4⁺ memory T cell loss in SIVmac251-challenged rhesus macaquesYongjun Sui
Vaccine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Vaccine 30:59-68. 2011..Overall, these data highlight one unrecognized role of adjuvant in HIV vaccine development, and show that vaccines can produce a surprising discordance between CD4(+) T cell levels and SIV viral load...
- Innate and adaptive immune correlates of vaccine and adjuvant-induced control of mucosal transmission of SIV in macaquesYongjun Sui
Vaccine Branch, Biostatistics and Data Management Section, and Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, National Cancer Institute, and Laboratory of Host Defenses and Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9843-8. 2010..Thus, strategic use of molecular adjuvants can provide better mucosal protection through induction of both innate and adaptive immunity...
- IL-15 ex vivo overcomes CD4+ T cell deficiency for the induction of human antigen-specific CD8+ T cell responsesHuifeng Yu
Vaccine Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Leukoc Biol 90:205-14. 2011..These results suggest that IL-15 may be useful in the development of therapeutic and preventive vaccines against cancers and viral infections in patients defective in CD4(+) Th cell...
- Immune targeting of PD-1(hi) expressing cells during and after antiretroviral therapy in SIV-infected rhesus macaquesDiego A Vargas-Inchaustegui
Vaccine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Virology 447:274-84. 2013..Continued immune modulation targeting PD-1(hi) cells during and post-ART helps maintain lower viremia, keeps a favorable T cell/Treg repertoire and modulates antigen-specific responses. ..
- Using 3 TLR ligands as a combination adjuvant induces qualitative changes in T cell responses needed for antiviral protection in miceQing Zhu
Vaccine Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 120:607-16. 2010..Therefore, selective TLR ligand combinations can increase protective efficacy by increasing the quality rather than the quantity of T cell responses...
- Large intestine-targeted, nanoparticle-releasing oral vaccine to control genitorectal viral infectionQing Zhu
Vaccine Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, US National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA Department of Oncology, Air Force General Hospital, Beijing, China
Nat Med 18:1291-6. 2012..Therefore, using this oral vaccine delivery system to target the large intestine, but not the small intestine, may represent a feasible new strategy for immune protection of rectal and vaginal mucosa. ..
- Nonhuman Primate Models for HIV/AIDS Vaccine DevelopmentYongjun Sui
Vaccine Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland These authors contributed equally
Curr Protoc Immunol 102:12.14.1-12.14.30. 2013..Understanding how to effectively use this valuable model will greatly increase the likelihood of finding a successful vaccine for HIV. Curr. Protoc. Immunol. 102:12.14.1-12.14.30. © 2013 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ..
- Humoral immunity induced by mucosal and/or systemic SIV-specific vaccine platforms suggests novel combinatorial approaches for enhancing responsesDiego A Vargas-Inchaustegui
Immune Biology of Retroviral Infection Section, Vaccine Branch, CCR, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Clin Immunol 153:308-22. 2014..Our results suggest that combined RepAd priming with ALVAC/Env or DNA&Env regimen boosting might induce potent, functional, long-lasting systemic and mucosal SIV-specific antibodies. ..