Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Baz M, Paskel M, Matsuoka Y, Zengel J, Cheng X, Treanor J, et al. A live attenuated equine H3N8 influenza vaccine is highly immunogenic and efficacious in mice and ferrets. J Virol. 2015;89:1652-9 pubmed publisher..We generated a live attenuated H3N8 vaccine candidate and demonstrated that the vaccine was immunogenic and protected mice and ferrets against homologous and heterologous EIV. ..
- Baz M, Paskel M, Matsuoka Y, Zengel J, Cheng X, Treanor J, et al. A Single Dose of an Avian H3N8 Influenza Virus Vaccine Is Highly Immunogenic and Efficacious against a Recently Emerged Seal Influenza Virus in Mice and Ferrets. J Virol. 2015;89:6907-17 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we generated a live attenuated avian H3N8 vaccine candidate and demonstrated that a single dose of the vaccine was highly immunogenic and protected mice and ferrets against homologous and heterologous H3N8 avian viruses. ..
- Subbarao K, Roberts A. Is there an ideal animal model for SARS?. Trends Microbiol. 2006;14:299-303 pubmed..Here, we suggest aspects of an ideal animal model for studies of SARS pathogenesis and vaccine development and present our assessment of the strengths and limitations of the current animal models for SARS. ..
- Subbarao K, Matsuoka Y. The prospects and challenges of universal vaccines for influenza. Trends Microbiol. 2013;21:350-8 pubmed publisher..Several recent scientific advances have generated renewed enthusiasm and hope for universal vaccines that will induce broad protection from a range of influenza viruses. ..
- ..We also review the animal-human interface of influenza, with a focus on current pandemic threats. ..
- Lakdawala S, Fodor E, Subbarao K. Moving On Out: Transport and Packaging of Influenza Viral RNA into Virions. Annu Rev Virol. 2016;3:411-427 pubmed
- Boonnak K, Matsuoka Y, Wang W, Suguitan A, Chen Z, Paskel M, et al. Development of Clade-Specific and Broadly Reactive Live Attenuated Influenza Virus Vaccines against Rapidly Evolving H5 Subtype Viruses. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our study permits a comparison of the two approaches, and the data support the further development of both vaccine viruses to optimally prepare for the further spread of clade 2.2.1 or 18.104.22.168 viruses. ..
- Sutton T, Lamirande E, Czakó R, Subbarao K. Evaluation of the Biological Properties and Cross-Reactive Antibody Response to H10 Influenza Viruses in Ferrets. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..By evaluating the cross-reactive antibody response to the H10 viruses and combining this analysis with viral replication and weight loss findings, we identified A/mallard/Portugal/79906/2009 (H10N7) as a suitable H10 vaccine strain. ..
- Sutton T, Lamirande E, Bock K, Moore I, Koudstaal W, Rehman M, et al. In Vitro Neutralization Is Not Predictive of Prophylactic Efficacy of Broadly Neutralizing Monoclonal Antibodies CR6261 and CR9114 against Lethal H2 Influenza Virus Challenge in Mice. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These findings emphasize the importance of in vivo evaluation and testing of bNAbs. ..