Xin Zhuan Su
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- López Barragán M, Lemieux J, Quinones M, Williamson K, Molina Cruz A, Cui K, et al. Directional gene expression and antisense transcripts in sexual and asexual stages of Plasmodium falciparum. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:587 pubmed publisher..Future gene expression studies should make use of directional cDNA libraries. Antisense transcripts may partly explain the observed discrepancy between levels of mRNA and protein expression. ..
- Jiang H, Yi M, Mu J, Zhang L, Ivens A, Klimczak L, et al. Detection of genome-wide polymorphisms in the AT-rich Plasmodium falciparum genome using a high-density microarray. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:398 pubmed publisher..Our method for accurate mSFP detection and the mSFP identified will greatly facilitate large-scale studies of genome variation in the P. falciparum parasite and provide useful resources for mapping important parasite traits. ..
- Lu F, Jiang H, Ding J, Mu J, Valenzuela J, Ribeiro J, et al. cDNA sequences reveal considerable gene prediction inaccuracy in the Plasmodium falciparum genome. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:255 pubmed..This study provides valuable information for genome annotation that will be critical for functional analyses. ..
- Yu X, Cai B, Wang M, Tan P, Ding X, Wu J, et al. Cross-Regulation of Two Type I Interferon Signaling Pathways in Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells Controls Anti-malaria Immunity and Host Mortality. Immunity. 2016;45:1093-1107 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings have identified a critical regulatory mechanism of type I IFN signaling in pDCs and stage-specific function of immune cells in generating potent immunity against lethal YM infection. ..
- Nair S, Xu R, Pattaradilokrat S, Wu J, Qi Y, Zilversmit M, et al. A Plasmodium yoelii HECT-like E3 ubiquitin ligase regulates parasite growth and virulence. Nat Commun. 2017;8:223 pubmed publisher..Here the authors comparatively map virulence loci using the offspring from a P. yoelii YM and N67 genetic cross, and identify a putative HECT E3 ubiquitin ligase that may explain the variance. ..