Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Joint analysis of case-parents trio and unrelated case-control designs in large scale association studiesJungnam Joo
Office of Biostatistics Research, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, 6701 Rockledge Drive, MSC 7913, Bethesda, MD 20892 7913, USA
BMC Proc 1:S28. 2007..The performance of the proposed approaches is examined by analyzing the simulated data provided by the Genetic Analysis Workshop 15...
- Dose finding using the biased coin up-and-down design and isotonic regressionMario Stylianou
Office of Biostatistics Research, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biometrics 58:171-7. 2002....
- Estimating the probability of toxicity at the target dose following an up-and-down designMario Stylianou
Office of Biostatistics Research, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute NIH, 6701 Rockledge Drive, Room 8220, Bethesda, MD 20892, U S A
Stat Med 22:535-43. 2003..We then derive, using bootstrap methods, an estimate of the probability of toxicity at the recommended dose. Small sample properties of this estimator are also evaluated. Published in 2003 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- The accelerated biased coin up-and-down design in phase I trialsMario Stylianou
Office of Biostatistics Research, NHLBI, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7938, USA
J Biopharm Stat 14:249-60. 2004..A simulation study shows that this modification does not adversely affect the precision of the recommended dose, as estimated by isotonic regression, but it does significantly reduce the total time to complete the study...
- Robust ranks of true associations in genome-wide case-control association studiesGang Zheng
Office of Biostatistics Research, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, 6701 Rockledge Drive, MSC 7938, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 USA
BMC Proc 1:S165. 2007..We studied this problem with application to Problem 3 of Genetic Analysis Workshop 15. An independent simulation study was also conducted to further evaluate the proposed procedure...
- Reversible airflow obstruction in lymphangioleiomyomatosisAngelo M Taveira-Dasilva
Translational Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1590, USA
Chest 136:1596-603. 2009..The aims of the present study were to determine the prevalence of reversible airflow obstruction in patients with LAM and to identify associated clinical and physiologic parameters...
- Erythropoietin-driven proliferation of cells with mutations in the tumor suppressor gene TSC2Yoshihiko Ikeda
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1590, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 300:L64-72. 2011..Although the high red cell mass of LAM patients could be related to advanced disease, we propose that EPO, synthesized in response to episodic hypoxia, may increase disease progression by enhancing the proliferation of LAM cells...
- Changes in lung function and chylous effusions in patients with lymphangioleiomyomatosis treated with sirolimusAngelo M Taveira-Dasilva
Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1590, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:797-805, W-292-3. 2011....
- Examination of lower targets for low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and blood pressure in diabetes--the Stop Atherosclerosis in Native Diabetics Study (SANDS)Marie Russell
Phoenix Indian Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Am Heart J 152:867-75. 2006....