Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Longitudinal outcome of youth oppositionality: irritable, headstrong, and hurtful behaviors have distinctive predictionsArgyris Stringaris
Genetic Epidemiology Research Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2670USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:404-12. 2009..We test the hypothesis that oppositionality encompasses an Irritable, a Headstrong, and a Hurtful dimension, each with distinct predictions...
- Adult outcomes of youth irritability: a 20-year prospective community-based studyArgyris Stringaris
Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Emotion and Development Branch, Mood and Anxiety Program, NIMH Bldg 15K, MSC 2670, Bethesda, MD 20892 2670, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1048-54. 2009..This study examines the extent to which youth irritability is related to adult psychiatric outcomes by testing the hypothesis that it predicts depressive and generalized anxiety disorders...
- The Affective Reactivity Index: a concise irritability scale for clinical and research settingsArgyris Stringaris
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:1109-17. 2012....
- A developmental study of the neural circuitry mediating motor inhibition in bipolar disorderJudah D Weathers
Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Emotion and Development Branch, NIMH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:633-41. 2012..The authors compared the neural circuitry mediating this process in bipolar youths relative to bipolar adults and in healthy volunteers...
- Pediatric bipolar disorder versus severe mood dysregulation: risk for manic episodes on follow-upArgyris Stringaris
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:397-405. 2010....