M D Stout
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Toxicity and carcinogenicity of methyl isobutyl ketone in F344N rats and B6C3F1 mice following 2-year inhalation exposureMatthew D Stout
Toxicology Operations Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Toxicology 244:209-19. 2008..Hepatocellular adenomas, and adenoma or carcinoma (combined) were increased in male and female mice exposed to 1800ppm. There were also treatment-related increases in multiple adenomas in both sexes...
- Chronic toxicity and carcinogenicity studies of chromium picolinate monohydrate administered in feed to F344/N rats and B6C3F1 mice for 2 yearsM D Stout
National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIEHS, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 47:729-33. 2009..In male rats, a statistically significant increase in the incidence of preputial gland adenoma at 10,000 ppm was considered an equivocal finding. CPM was not carcinogenic to female rats or to male or female mice...
- Hexavalent chromium is carcinogenic to F344/N rats and B6C3F1 mice after chronic oral exposureMatthew D Stout
National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:716-22. 2009..Hexavalent chromium [Cr(VI)] is a human carcinogen after inhalation exposure. Humans also ingest Cr(VI) from contaminated drinking water and soil; however, limited data exist on the oral toxicity and carcinogenicity of Cr(VI)...
- Influence of Helicobacter hepaticus infection on the chronic toxicity and carcinogenicity of triethanolamine in B6C3F1 miceMatthew D Stout
National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 36:783-94. 2008..These data suggest that in the initial study, H. hepaticusinfluenced the induction of hepatocellular neoplasms in males, but not in females...
- Validation and application of a method for the determination of total chromium in rat tissues by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometryKeith E Levine
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 58:883-91. 2010..After validation, the method was applied to analyze samples collected in support of two chronic toxicity and carcinogenesis studies conducted by the National Toxicology Program...
- Toxicity, DNA binding, and cell proliferation in male F344 rats following short-term gavage exposures to trans-2-hexenalMatthew D Stout
Curriculum in Toxicology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Toxicol Pathol 36:232-46. 2008..These findings suggest that the toxicity of hexenal was limited to the site of contact (stomach) and that the observed DNA adduct formation and cell proliferation occurred in the setting of severe tissue damage...