Alexandra L Sporn
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Progressive brain volume loss during adolescence in childhood-onset schizophreniaAlexandra L Sporn
Child Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, Bldg 10, Rm 3N202, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:2181-9. 2003..This study examined the rate of loss in cortical gray matter volume in relation to age and clinical status in adolescent patients over a follow-up period of 2-6 years...
- Hormonal correlates of clozapine-induced weight gain in psychotic children: an exploratory studyAlexandra L Sporn
Child Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:925-33. 2005..In this study, the authors examined six weight gain-related hormones in patients with childhood-onset schizophrenia (COS) after 6 weeks of clozapine treatment...
- Stimulant drug treatment in childhood-onset schizophrenia with comorbid ADHD: an open-label case seriesJulia W Tossell
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Building 10, Room 3N202, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:448-54. 2004..Our results suggest that ADHD comorbid with COS may be safely treated with a stimulant, once the psychosis is stabilized. A systematic investigation of this question may be warranted...
- Clozapine treatment of childhood-onset schizophrenia: evaluation of effectiveness, adverse effects, and long-term outcomeAlexandra L Sporn
Child Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1349-56. 2007..Here we evaluate these as well as other measures in an effort to find predictors of response to clozapine in our early-onset treatment-refractory population...
- Pervasive developmental disorder and childhood-onset schizophrenia: comorbid disorder or a phenotypic variant of a very early onset illness?Alexandra L Sporn
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:989-94. 2004..In this study, we compared evidence for premorbid PDD as a nonspecific manifestation of impaired neurodevelopment seen in schizophrenia, or as an independent risk factor for COS...
- Polymorphisms in the 13q33.2 gene G72/G30 are associated with childhood-onset schizophrenia and psychosis not otherwise specifiedAnjene M Addington
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1600, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:976-80. 2004..Childhood-onset schizophrenia (COS), defined as onset of psychotic symptoms by age 12 years, is a rare and severe form of the disorder that seems to be clinically and neurobiologically continuous with the adult disorder...
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation of the Supplementary Motor Area in the treatment of Tourette Syndrome: report of two casesAntonio Mantovani
Clin Neurophysiol 118:2314-5. 2007