Janine A Smith
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-masked clinical trial of etanercept for the treatment of uveitis associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritisJanine A Smith
National Eye Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 53:18-23. 2005..To investigate the safety and efficacy of etanercept in the treatment of uveitis associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)...
- Dry eye signs and symptoms in women with premature ovarian failureJanine A Smith
Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Research, National Eye Institute, Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1863, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 122:151-6. 2004..To examine whether women with premature ovarian failure (POF) have abnormal findings in ocular surface or tear parameters and whether they report symptoms of ocular discomfort compared with age-matched controls...
- Pilot clinical trial of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) versus placebo for Sjögren's syndromeStanley R Pillemer
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Bethesda, Maryland 28092, USA
Arthritis Rheum 51:601-4. 2004..To screen for potential efficacy and assess feasibility and safety of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) as a treatment for Sjögren's syndrome (SS)...
- Epidemiology and course of disease in childhood uveitisJanine A Smith
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 116:1544-51, 1551.e1. 2009..To describe the disease characteristics and visual outcome of pediatric uveitis...
- Comparison of the NEI-VFQ and OSDI questionnaires in patients with Sjögren's syndrome-related dry eyeSusan Vitale
Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Research, National Eye Institute, Building 31, Room 6A52, 31 Center Drive, MSC 2510, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:44. 2004..To examine the associations between vision-targeted health-related quality of life (VT-HRQ) and ocular surface parameters in patients with Sjögren's syndrome, a systemic autoimmune disease characterized by dry eye and dry mouth...
- Hypergammaglobulinemia and corneal opacities in patients with human T-cell lymphotrophic virus type-1Marena Patronas
Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 142:1088-9. 2006..To investigate the relationship between serum immunoglobulin levels and corneal opacities in a cohort of patients with human T-cell lymphotrophic virus type-1 (HTLV-1)...
- Etanercept in Sjögren's syndrome: a twelve-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot clinical trialVidya Sankar
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2240-5. 2004..To assess the safety and potential efficacy of etanercept in the treatment of Sjögren's syndrome (SS)...
- Conjunctival papillomas caused by human papillomavirus type 33Ronald R Buggage
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1857, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:202-4. 2002
- Tarsal-conjunctival disease associated with Wegener's granulomatosisMichael R Robinson
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 110:1770-80. 2003..To describe the clinical characteristics of tarsal-conjunctival disease in a cohort of patients with Wegener's granulomatosis (WG)...
- Management of acute hydrops with perforation in a patient with keratoconus and cone dystrophy: case report and literature reviewSteven Yeh
Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Research, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cornea 27:1062-5. 2008..To describe a patient with cone dystrophy who presented with acute hydrops and perforation, leading to the diagnosis of keratoconus...
- Inhibition of inflammatory cytokine production in human corneal cells by dexamethasone, but not cyclosporinAli R Djalilian
Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cornea 25:709-14. 2006....
- Corneal verticillata after dual anti-epidermal growth factor receptor and anti-vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 therapy (vandetanib) for anaplastic astrocytomaSteven Yeh
National Eye Institute and daggerNational Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cornea 28:699-702. 2009..To describe a patient with a history of epithelial basement membrane dystrophy who developed symptomatic corneal verticillata after vandetanib therapy for anaplastic astrocytoma...
- Microarray and protein analysis of human pterygiumMolykutty John-Aryankalayil
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Vis 12:55-64. 2006..In order to identify specific genes that may play a role in pterygium pathogenesis, we analyzed the global gene expression profile of pterygium in relation to autologous conjunctiva...
- Management of chronic pediatric uveitisGrace A Levy-Clarke
Laboratory of Immunology and Division of Clinical Research and Epidemiology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 16:281-8. 2005..This paper reviews the recent literature on the management of chronic pediatric uveitis...
- Toward optimal health: Janine A. Smith, M.D., discusses vision impairment in women: interviewed by Jodi GodfreyJanine A Smith
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:293-8. 2007
- X-linked anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia disruption yields a mouse model for ocular surface disease and resultant blindnessChang Yi Cui
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Pathol 167:89-95. 2005..This can be further tested in Tabby and Tabby-EDA transgenic mice, which provide unique models of severe ocular surface disease...
- Immunopathogenesis of conjunctival histopathologic alteration in non-Sjögren's keratoconjunctivitis siccaHongqing Q Ye
Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 506:801-3. 2002
- Menisci and fullness of the blink in dry eyeWendy W Harrison
Indiana University School of Optometry, Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Optom Vis Sci 85:706-14. 2008..This study was to investigate the role of the upper meniscus in tear film formation and blinking...
- Grading of corneal and conjunctival staining in the context of other dry eye testsAnthony J Bron
Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Cornea 22:640-50. 2003..To describe the Oxford Scheme for grading ocular surface staining in dry eye and to discuss optimization of stain detection using various dyes and filters. Also, to propose a sequence of testing for dry eye diagnosis...
- The changing times in dry eye researchKelly K Nichols
Optom Vis Sci 85:613-4. 2008
- Conjunctival T-cell subpopulations in Sjögren's and non-Sjögren's patients with dry eyeMichael E Stern
llergan, Inc, Irvine, California 92612, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:2609-14. 2002..To examine the conjunctiva of patients with Sjögren's syndrome keratoconjunctivitis sicca (SS-KCS) and non-Sjögren's keratoconjunctivitis sicca (NS-KCS) for evidence of immune-based inflammation...
- Effects of topical anti-inflammatory agents in a botulinum toxin B-induced mouse model of keratoconjunctivitis siccaKaevalin Lekhanont
Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21286 9278, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 23:27-34. 2007....
- Association of clinical diagnostic tests and dry eye surveys: the NEI-VFQ-25 and the OSDIKelly K Nichols
The Ohio State University College of Optometry, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 506:1177-81. 2002
- The ocular complications of smallpox and smallpox immunizationJanine A Smith
Arch Ophthalmol 122:1407; author reply 1407-8. 2004
- Changing trends in the definition and diagnosis of dry eyesMurat Dogru
Am J Ophthalmol 140:507-8. 2005