A J Slifka
Affiliation: National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Bubble-test method for synthetic and bovine vascular materialA J Slifka
NIST, Materials Reliability Division, m s 853, 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305, USA
J Biomech 39:1939-42. 2006..The measurements of this material were carried out over a pressure range greater than would be seen in vivo. However, the strains were still small enough to effectively apply the Neo-Hookean model to these data...
- Comparison of mechanical behavior among the extrapulmonary arteries from ratsE S Drexler
Materials Reliability Division MS 853, National Institute of Standards and Technology, 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305, USA
J Biomech 40:812-9. 2007..These data show that each section of the extrapulmonary arterial system should not be expected to behave identically, and they provide the baseline mechanical behavior of the pulmonary artery from normotensive rats...
- A microstructural hyperelastic model of pulmonary arteries under normo- and hypertensive conditionsYanhang Zhang
Department of Mechanical Engineering, 427 UCB, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 33:1042-52. 2005..Our study also provokes the hypothesis that increase of cross-linking density may be one mechanism by which the pulmonary artery stiffens in hypertension...
- Comparison of strength properties of normotensive and hypertensive rat pulmonary arteriesE S Drexler
NIST, Materials Reliability Division, 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 40:297-302. 2004..The differences between the left and right main arteries are minor. The trunk consistently demonstrates less stiffening in the region of larger strains for all conditions...
- Static and quasi-static calibration of a bio-MEMS deviceA J Slifka
NIST, Boulder, CO 80305, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 40:429-34. 2004..1 Hz. Both experimental calibrations were compared to a simple model...