Affiliation: National Cancer Institute
- Increased K-ras protein and activity in mouse and human lung epithelial cells at confluenceWafa Kammouni
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Cell Growth Differ 13:441-8. 2002..In sum, increased protein expression and activity of K-ras p21 are associated with growth arrest, not with proliferation, in mouse and human lung cell lines...
- Mutant K-rasV12 increases COX-2, peroxides and DNA damage in lung cellsAnna Maciag
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Inc, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:2231-7. 2004..Our data suggest that up-regulation of COX-2, with a consequent increase in peroxides and DNA damage, contributes to the dominant oncogenicity of mutant K-ras...
- Cell cycle activation in lung adenocarcinoma cells by the ErbB3/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathwayGunamani Sithanandam
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Building 538, Ft Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:1581-92. 2003..It could be a useful therapeutic target...
- Inactivation of ErbB3 by siRNA promotes apoptosis and attenuates growth and invasiveness of human lung adenocarcinoma cell line A549Gunamani Sithanandam
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Oncogene 24:1847-59. 2005..All three Akt isoforms are to varying degrees involved in these cell behaviors, with Akt2 especially implicated in migration and invasion. ErbB3 and the Akts are promising targets for therapy, and siRNAs may be useful for this purpose...
- Alternate paths from epidermal growth factor receptor to Akt in malignant versus nontransformed lung epithelial cells: ErbB3 versus Gab1Gunamani Sithanandam
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 33:490-9. 2005..Complexes of EGFR/Grb2/Gab1/Shp2 after TGF-alpha stimulation were prominent only in E10 and C10 cells. Thus, alternate pathways downstream of EGFR regulate mitosis in these paired malignant versus nontransformed lung cell lines...
- Anti-tumor efficacy of naked siRNAs for ERBB3 or AKT2 against lung adenocarcinoma cell xenograftsGunamani Sithanandam
Basic Science Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Frederick, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 130:251-8. 2012..There were no significant changes in serum cytokines. These results show that naked siRNAs to ERBB3 or AKT2 may have potential for lung cancer therapy...