Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- RT-SHIV subpopulation dynamics in infected macaques during anti-HIV therapyWei Shao
Advanced Biomedical Computing Center, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD, USA
Retrovirology 6:101. 2009..Bioinformatics tools were constructed to trace individual genomes from the beginning of infection to the end of the treatment...
- Analysis of 454 sequencing error rate, error sources, and artifact recombination for detection of Low-frequency drug resistance mutations in HIV-1 DNAWei Shao
Advanced Biomedical Computing Center, SAIC Frederick, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, PO Box B, Frederick, MD, USA
Retrovirology 10:18. 2013..We evaluated the performance of 454 sequencing for characterizing HIV populations with defined allele frequencies...
- Genetic diversity of simian immunodeficiency virus encoding HIV-1 reverse transcriptase persists in macaques despite antiretroviral therapyMary Kearney
HIV Drug Resistance Program, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, 1050 Boyles Street, Building 535, Room 109, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Virol 85:1067-76. 2011....
- Ultrasensitive allele-specific PCR reveals rare preexisting drug-resistant variants and a large replicating virus population in macaques infected with a simian immunodeficiency virus containing human immunodeficiency virus reverse transcriptaseValerie F Boltz
HIV Drug Resistance Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, USA
J Virol 86:12525-30. 2012..The rapid increase of 103N mutations from <0.001% to 20% of the viral population indicates that the replicating virus population size in RT-SHIV-infected macaques must be 10(6) or more infected cells per replication cycle...
- Frequent polymorphism at drug resistance sites in HIV-1 protease and reverse transcriptaseMary Kearney
HIV Drug Resistance Program, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
AIDS 22:497-501. 2008..Failure of antiretroviral therapy may result from the selection of pre-existing, drug-resistant HIV-1 variants, but the frequency and type of such variants have not been defined...
- Suppression of viremia and evolution of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 drug resistance in a macaque model for antiretroviral therapyZandrea Ambrose
HIV Drug Resistance Program, National Cancer Institute, Building 535, Room 123, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Virol 81:12145-55. 2007..By contrast, ART effectively suppressed RT-SHIV in 5/6 animals. These data indicate that suboptimal therapy facilitates HIV-1 drug resistance and suggest that this model can be used to investigate persisting viral reservoirs...
- Nature, position, and frequency of mutations made in a single cycle of HIV-1 replicationMichael E Abram
HIV Drug Resistance Program, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Virol 84:9864-78. 2010..The pattern of hot spots seen in lacZalpha in vivo did not match any of the published data obtained when purified RT was used to copy lacZalpha in vitro...