Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Binding Characteristics of IFN-alpha Subvariants to IFNAR2-EC and Influence of the 6-Histidine TagHana Schmeisser
NIH, NIAID, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 26:866-76. 2006..This study is the first report that shows that an N-terminal 6-histidine tag on IFN-alpha2c can affect its interaction with receptor and cause a different bioactivity...
- Two interferons alpha influence each other during their interaction with the extracellular domain of human type interferon receptor subunit 2Hana Schmeisser
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 46:14638-49. 2007..This study contributes to the understanding of the mutual interaction between multiple IFN-alpha subtypes during the competition for binding to the receptor...
- Structural variants of IFNα preferentially promote antiviral functionsNancy Vazquez
Oral Infection and Immunity Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 118:2567-77. 2011..Defining IFN structure and function relative to APOBEC and other antiviral genes may enable design of novel IFN-related molecules preserving beneficial antiviral roles while minimizing negative effects...
- Human interferons alpha, beta and omegaJoseph Bekisz
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Growth Factors 22:243-51. 2004..The interaction of IFN-alpha/beta with its receptor components results in the activation of a number of signaling pathways. The regulation of specific genes and proteins contributes to the numerous biological functions of Type I IFNs...
- Type I interferons induce autophagy in certain human cancer cell linesHana Schmeisser
National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, Cytokine Biology Section, Bethesda, MD, USA
Autophagy 9:683-96. 2013..Taken together, our findings demonstrated a novel function of type I IFN as an inducer of autophagy in multiple cell lines...
- IRF9 is a key factor for eliciting the antiproliferative activity of IFN-alphaTakaya Tsuno
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunother 32:803-16. 2009..Thus, this study suggests that IRF9 is the key factor for eliciting the antiproliferative activity of IFN-alpha and TRAIL may be one of the potential mediators...
- Amino acid substitutions in loop BC and helix C affect antigenic properties of helix D in hybrid IFN-alpha21a/alpha2c moleculesHana Schmeisser
Division of Therapeutic Proteins, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:463-72. 2002..Changes in the structure of constructs affected not only their antiproliferative activity but also their antiviral activity on human cells...
- Near eradication of clinically relevant concentrations of human tumor cells by interferon-activated monocytes in vitroSamuel Baron
Cytokine Biology Section, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 31:569-73. 2011..Thus, high concentrations of tumor cells required high concentrations of IFN and monocytes to cause near eradication of tumor cells. These findings may have clinical implications...
- A novel role for IFN-stimulated gene factor 3II in IFN-γ signaling and induction of antiviral activity in human cellsAngel N Morrow
Cytokine Biology Section, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 186:1685-93. 2011....
- Incidence of autoantibodies against type I and type II interferons in a cohort of systemic lupus erythematosus patients in SlovakiaMonika Slavikova
Institute of Virology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, 842 45 Bratislava, Slovakia
J Interferon Cytokine Res 23:143-7. 2003..Our findings suggest that formation of autoantibodies could reflect humoral immune responses to increased spontaneous production of the respective IFN species in SLE patients...