Tina M Saldana
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Pesticide exposure and self-reported gestational diabetes mellitus in the Agricultural Health StudyTina M Saldana
Epidemiology Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, P O Box 12233, MD A3 05, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Diabetes Care 30:529-34. 2007..To examine the association between pesticide use during pregnancy and gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) among wives of licensed pesticide applicators...
- Pesticide exposure and hypertensive disorders during pregnancyTina M Saldana
Social and Scientific Systems, Inc, 1009 Slater Road, Durham, NC 27703, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1393-6. 2009..Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy, including pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH) and preeclampsia (PE), complicate 2-8% of pregnancies. Few studies have examined environmental risk factors in relation to these conditions...
- Carbonated beverages and chronic kidney diseaseTina M Saldana
Epidemiology Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences NIEHS, NIH, DHHS, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Epidemiology 18:501-6. 2007..Cola beverages, in particular, contain phosphoric acid and have been associated with urinary changes that promote kidney stones...
- Within-person variability in urinary phthalate metabolite concentrations: measurements from specimens after long-term frozen storageDonna Day Baird
Epidemiology Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 20:169-75. 2010..These findings support the use of stored urine specimens collected during the relevant stage of human pregnancy to investigate the influence of phthalate exposures on later outcomes...
- The association between impaired glucose tolerance and birth weight among black and white women in central North CarolinaTina M Saldana
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516 3997, USA
Diabetes Care 26:656-61. 2003..This study examines the relationship of glucose intolerance during pregnancy to birth weight among black and white participants of the Pregnancy, Infection, and Nutrition Study...
- Effect of macronutrient intake on the development of glucose intolerance during pregnancyTina M Saldana
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, NC 27516 3997, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 79:479-86. 2004..Dietary intake influences glucose tolerance status, yet the relation between macronutrient intake and the development of glucose intolerance during pregnancy has not been adequately examined...
- The relationship between pregnancy weight gain and glucose tolerance status among black and white women in central North CarolinaTina M Saldana
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1629-35. 2006..CONCLUSION: Prepregnancy weight was strongly associated with gestational diabetes mellitus, whereas weight gain during pregnancy was associated with impaired glucose tolerance only among overweight women...