Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Low weight predicts neutropenia and peginterferon alfa-2a dose reductions during treatment for chronic hepatitis CY Rotman
Liver Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Bellinson Hospital, Petach Tiqwa, Israel
J Viral Hepat 16:340-5. 2009..This apparently reflects overall body size more than body fat content. It is prudent to frequently monitor blood counts for smaller-sized patients, especially during the first weeks of treatment...
- Evaluation of the patient with hepatitis BYaron Rotman
Liver Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases NIDDK, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hepatology 49:S22-7. 2009..Better biomarkers and imaging modalities are needed for early detection of HCC. Finally, studies are needed to better refine the indications and to balance the risks and benefits of antiviral therapy...
- Low- and standard-dose peginterferon alfa-2a for chronic hepatitis C, genotype 2 or 3: efficacy, tolerability, viral kinetics and cytokine responseY Rotman
Liver Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1800, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31:1018-27. 2010..Chronic infection with hepatitis C, genotype 2/3, responds better than other genotypes to peginterferon and ribavirin treatment. We hypothesized that a lower dose of peginterferon would be as effective, but less toxic than standard doses...
- Long-term outcome of chronic hepatitis C after sustained virological response to interferon-based therapyC Koh
Liver Diseases Branch, Division of Intramural Research, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and the Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 37:887-94. 2013..Although the short-term benefits of a sustained virological response (SVR) to interferon-based therapies of chronic hepatitis C (CHC) are well known, the long-term consequences of SVR are less clear...
- Long-term therapy of chronic delta hepatitis with peginterferon alfaT Heller
Liver Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 40:93-104. 2014..Chronic delta hepatitis virus (HDV) infection rapidly progresses to cirrhosis. Treatment with peginterferon for up to 2 years is often without durable response...
- Predictive value of serum globulin levels for the extent of hepatic fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis B infectionH Schmilovitz-Weiss
Gastroenterology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Golda and Beilinson Campuses, Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Viral Hepat 13:671-7. 2006..They can serve as noninvasive markers of hepatic fibrosis and, if confirmed, have important implications for the management of patients with chronic HBV infection...