H F Rosenberg
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Yamada K, Barker T, Dyer K, Rice T, Percopo C, Garcia Crespo K, et al. Eosinophil-associated ribonuclease 11 is a macrophage chemoattractant. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:8863-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this work characterizes a divergent RNase A ribonuclease with a unique expression pattern and function, and highlights the versatility of this family in promoting innate immunity. ..
- Rosenberg H, Domachowske J. Inflammatory responses to respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection and the development of immunomodulatory pharmacotherapeutics. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:1424-31 pubmed..From this perspective, we consider the case for specific immunomodulatory strategies that may have the potential to alleviate some of the more serious sequelae of this disease. ..
- Percopo C, Dyer K, Garcia Crespo K, Gabryszewski S, Shaffer A, Domachowske J, et al. B cells are not essential for Lactobacillus-mediated protection against lethal pneumovirus infection. J Immunol. 2014;192:5265-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that B cells are dispensable for Lactobacillus-mediated heterologous immunity and were not crucial for promoting survival in response to an otherwise lethal pneumovirus infection. ..
- Rosenberg H, Dyer K, Domachowske J. Eosinophils and their interactions with respiratory virus pathogens. Immunol Res. 2009;43:128-37 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, PVM replicates in eosinophils and promotes cytokine release. The molecular basis of virus infection in eosinophils and its relationship to disease outcome is currently under study. ..
- Brenner T, Rice T, Anderson E, Percopo C, Rosenberg H. Immortalized MH-S cells lack defining features of primary alveolar macrophages and do not support mouse pneumovirus replication. Immunol Lett. 2016;172:106-12 pubmed publisher..However, MH-S cells do not express the GM-CSF receptor alpha chain (CD116) and do not respond to GM-CSF. Due to these unusual features, MH-S cells should be used with caution as experimental models of AMs. ..
- Percopo C, Brenner T, Ma M, Kraemer L, Hakeem R, Lee J, et al. SiglecF+Gr1hi eosinophils are a distinct subpopulation within the lungs of allergen-challenged mice. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;101:321-328 pubmed publisher..These cytokines may facilitate eosinophil-mediated immunomodulatory responses in the allergen-challenged lung as well as in other distinct microenvironments. ..
- Rosenberg H, Masterson J, Furuta G. Eosinophils, probiotics, and the microbiome. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;100:881-888 pubmed..Likewise, although is it clear that eosinophils can and do interact with bacteria in vivo, their ability to discern between pathogenic and probiotic species in various settings remains to be explored. ..
- Percopo C, Ma M, Rosenberg H. Administration of immunobiotic Lactobacillus plantarum delays but does not prevent lethal pneumovirus infection in Rag1-/- mice. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:905-913 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a larger understanding of the mechanisms and mediators that limit acute virus-induced inflammation may yield new and useful therapeutic modalities. ..
- Rosenberg H, Bonville C, Easton A, Domachowske J. The pneumonia virus of mice infection model for severe respiratory syncytial virus infection: identifying novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Pharmacol Ther. 2005;105:1-6 pubmed..Ongoing exploration into the biology of PVM infection will identify other pathways and targets to be exploited for immunomodulatory control of hRSV and related severe respiratory virus infections...