Pataje G S Prasanna
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Triage dose assessment for partial-body exposure: dicentric analysisPataje G S Prasanna
Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bldg 42 Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Health Phys 98:244-51. 2010..However, additional work is needed to fully develop and validate the application of DCA to partial-body exposures...
- Synopsis of partial-body radiation diagnostic biomarkers and medical management of radiation injury workshopPataje G S Prasanna
Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Radiat Res 173:245-53. 2010..For each area, the status, advantages and limitations of existing approaches and suggestions for new directions are presented...
- Nucleic acid molecular biomarkers for diagnostic biodosimetry applications: use of the fluorogenic 5'-nuclease polymerase chain reaction assayWilliam F Blakely
Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Mil Med 167:16-9. 2002..Our research shows that the analysis of multitarget nucleic acid biomarkers, using the multiplex fluorogenic 5'-nuclease PCR assay, has beneficial applications in radiation epidemiology, radiation therapy, and biodosimetry...
- Early-response biological dosimetry--recommended countermeasure enhancements for mass-casualty radiological incidents and terrorismWilliam F Blakely
Biological Dosimetry Team, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Health Phys 89:494-504. 2005..These research and applied science efforts should ultimately contribute towards approved, regulated biodosimetry devices or diagnostic tests integrated into a national radioprotection program...
- Premature chromosome condensation in human resting peripheral blood lymphocytes for chromosome aberration analysis using specific whole-chromosome DNA hybridization probesPataje G S Prasanna
Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Methods Mol Biol 291:49-57. 2005..This method may be used in many biological and toxicological fields that require analysis of numerical and structural aberrations involving specific chromosomes...
- Biological dosimetry using human interphase peripheral blood lymphocytesPataje G S Prasanna
Applied Cellular Radiobiology Department, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Mil Med 167:10-2. 2002....