Bruce L Pihlstrom
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Periodontal diseasesBruce L Pihlstrom
Center for Clinical Research, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 6401, USA
Lancet 366:1809-20. 2005..Prevention and treatment are aimed at controlling the bacterial biofilm and other risk factors, arresting progressive disease, and restoring lost tooth support...
- The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research: research for the practicing dentistBruce L Pihlstrom
Division of Clinical Research and Health Promotion, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 136:728-37. 2005..It also highlights research supported by the NIDCR and its implications for dental practice in restorative dentistry, oral and systemic disease, stem cell research, salivary diagnostics, gene transfer therapy and pain...
- How to lower risk of developing diabetes and its complications: recommendations for the patientRobert H Selwitz
Health Policy, Analysis and Development Branch, Division of Population and Health Promotion Sciences, National Institutes of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 6401, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 134:54S-58S. 2003..Clinicians can use the article to help patients understand their risks of developing diabetes and diabetes-associated complications...
- Oral health research at the crossroads: translate we must!Thomas C Hart
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research NIH, 31 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Endod 30:684-8. 2004
- Subantimicrobial dose doxycycline enhances the efficacy of scaling and root planing in chronic periodontitis: a multicenter trialPhilip M Preshaw
Department of Periodontology, Newcastle University School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle, UK
J Periodontol 75:1068-76. 2004..The aim of this study was to further assess the role of SDD as an adjunct to scaling and root planing (SRP) in the treatment of CP...