R L Piekarz
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Inhibitor of histone deacetylation, depsipeptide (FR901228), in the treatment of peripheral and cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: a case reportR L Piekarz
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 98:2865-8. 2001..Sézary cells isolated from patients after treatment had increased histone acetylation. These results suggest that inhibition of HDAC is a novel and potentially effective therapy for patients with T-cell lymphoma...
- Phase II multi-institutional trial of the histone deacetylase inhibitor romidepsin as monotherapy for patients with cutaneous T-cell lymphomaRichard L Piekarz
Departmentof Health and Human Services, Center for Cancer Researchand Cancer Therapy EvaluationProgram, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5410-7. 2009..The median duration of response was 13.7 months. CONCLUSION The histone deacetylase inhibitor romidepsin has single-agent clinical activity with significant and durable responses in patients with CTCL...
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors and demethylating agents: clinical development of histone deacetylase inhibitors for cancer therapyRichard L Piekarz
Molecular Therapeutic Section, Medical Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1903, USA
Cancer J 13:30-9. 2007..In this review, we discuss clinical data gathered to date, combination therapies designed to increase efficacy, and toxicities attributed to this new class of agents...
- Cardiac studies in patients treated with depsipeptide, FK228, in a phase II trial for T-cell lymphomaRichard L Piekarz
Center for Cancer Research and Cancer Therapeutics Evaluation Program, National Cancer Institute and National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1903, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:3762-73. 2006....
- Phase 2 trial of romidepsin in patients with peripheral T-cell lymphomaRichard L Piekarz
Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health DHHS, 6130 Executive Blvd, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Blood 117:5827-34. 2011..The histone deacetylase inhibitor romidepsin has single agent clinical activity associated with durable responses in patients with relapsed PTCL...
- T-cell lymphoma as a model for the use of histone deacetylase inhibitors in cancer therapy: impact of depsipeptide on molecular markers, therapeutic targets, and mechanisms of resistanceRichard L Piekarz
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute NIH, MSC 1903, 10 Center Drive, Building 10 Room 12C103, Bethesda, MD 20892 1903, USA
Blood 103:4636-43. 2004..These studies confirm the activity of depsipeptide in a T-cell lymphoma model and suggest a general sensitivity of T-cell lymphoma to histone deacetylase inhibitors, an emerging new class of anticancer agents...
- Increased MDR1 expression in normal and malignant peripheral blood mononuclear cells obtained from patients receiving depsipeptide (FR901228, FK228, NSC630176)Robert W Robey
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, NIH, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1547-55. 2006..These studies suggest that depsipeptide induces its own mechanism of resistance and thus provide a basis for clinical trials evaluating depsipeptide in combination with a Pgp inhibitor...
- New strategies in peripheral T-cell lymphoma: understanding tumor biology and developing novel therapiesKieron Dunleavy
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1868, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:5608-17. 2010..In this respect, there is a need for new approaches in these diseases, and this review focuses on and explores recent experience with novel therapies in PTCL...
- Laboratory correlates for a phase II trial of romidepsin in cutaneous and peripheral T-cell lymphomaSusan E Bates
Medical Oncology Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Br J Haematol 148:256-67. 2010....
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors in combinations: will the preclinical promises be kept?Susan E Bates
Molecular Therapeutics Section, Medical Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer J 13:80-3. 2007
- Population pharmacokinetics of romidepsin in patients with cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and relapsed peripheral T-cell lymphomaSukyung Woo
Clinical Pharmacology Program, Medical Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:1496-503. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of demographic, clinical, and pharmacogenetic covariates on the pharmacokinetics of romidepsin in patients with T-cell lymphoma...
- Determination of the cyclic depsipeptide FK228, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryKyunghwa Hwang
Clinical Pharmacology Research Core, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 809:81-6. 2004..The values for precision and accuracy were always < or =7.88% and <3.33% relative error, respectively. The method was successfully applied to examine the pharmacokinetics of FK228 in a cancer patient...
- Epigenetic modifiers: basic understanding and clinical developmentRichard L Piekarz
Medical Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3918-26. 2009..This issue of CCR Focus is dedicated to understanding the clinical and translational aspects of epigenetics research...
- Phase I trial of the histone deacetylase inhibitor, depsipeptide (FR901228, NSC 630176), in patients with refractory neoplasmsVictor Sandor
McGill University, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1E2
Clin Cancer Res 8:718-28. 2002..A secondary objective of the trial was to seek evidence of antineoplastic activity...
- Effect of a histone deacetylase inhibitor on human cardiac massYukitaka Shizukuda
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 19:89-90. 2005
- Challenges of evaluating the cardiac effects of anticancer agentsSusan E Bates
Clin Cancer Res 12:3871-4. 2006