B A Peculis
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- The sequence of the 5' end of the U8 small nucleolar RNA is critical for 5.8S and 28S rRNA maturationB A Peculis
Genetics and Biochemistry Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1766, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:3702-13. 1997..The rest of the U8 particle may then facilitate cleavage or recruitment of other factors which are essential for pre-rRNA processing...
- The structure of the ITS2-proximal stem is required for pre-rRNA processing in yeastB A Peculis
National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Genetics and Biochemistry Branch, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
RNA 4:1610-22. 1998..Thus, formation of the ITS2-proximal stem may be a requirement common to yeast and vertebrate pre-rRNA processing...
- snoRNA nuclear import and potential for cotranscriptional function in pre-rRNA processingB A Peculis
Genetics and Biochemistry Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1766, USA
RNA 7:207-19. 2001..Failure to rescue snoRNA-mediated processing of pre-accumulated precursors is consistent with a scenario in which U8 and U22 must be present during transcription of pre-rRNA...
- The U8 snoRNA gene family: identification and characterization of distinct, functional U8 genes in XenopusB A Peculis
National Institutes of Health, NIDDK, Genetics and Biochemistry Branch, 10 Center Drive, 8N322, Bethesda, MD 20892 1766, USA
Gene 274:83-92. 2001..Identification and functional characterization of these naturally occurring variants in Xenopus has helped identify regions in U8 RNA that may be critical for function...
- Ribosome biogenesis: ribosomal RNA synthesis as a package dealBrenda A Peculis
NIH NIDDK GBB, Bethesda, MD 20892 0824, USA
Curr Biol 12:R623-4. 2002..Insight into a mechanism for coordinating some of these events may come from characterization of a functional processing complex...
- Role of the ITS2-proximal stem and evidence for indirect recognition of processing sites in pre-rRNA processing in yeastC A Cote
Genetics and Biochemistry Branch, 10 Center Drive, National Institutes of Health, NIDDK, Bethesda, MD 20892 1766, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 29:2106-16. 2001....
- Increased insulin translation from an insulin splice-variant overexpressed in diabetes, obesity, and insulin resistanceAlexandra H Minn
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, H4 526 Clinical Science Center, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:794-803. 2005..This raises the possibility that the mSPV may represent a compensatory beta-cell mechanism to enhance insulin biosynthesis when insulin requirements are elevated by hyperglycemia/insulin resistance...
- Dynamic conformational model for the role of ITS2 in pre-rRNA processing in yeastColette A Cote
Genetics and Biochemistry Branch, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1766, USA
RNA 8:786-97. 2002..In this model, yeast ITS2 elements may provide in cis certain of the functions proposed for vertebrate U8 snoRNA acting in trans...
- A proinsulin gene splice variant with increased translation efficiency is expressed in human pancreatic isletsAnath Shalev
Transplantation and Autoimmunity Branch and Genetics and Biochemistry Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20889 5603, USA
Endocrinology 143:2541-7. 2002..These results suggest a novel mechanism by which metabolic changes can modulate the expression of 5'UTR SPVs and thereby regulate translation efficiency...
- Crystals of X29, a Xenopus laevis U8 snoRNA-binding protein with nuclear decapping activityBrenda A Peculis
NIH NIDDK Building 8, Room 106, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 60:1668-9. 2004..To study the determinants of X29 activity and its specificity for U8 RNA substrate, X29 was crystallized in an orthorhombic crystal form that diffracts to 2.1 A resolution...
- Metal determines efficiency and substrate specificity of the nuclear NUDIX decapping proteins X29 and H29K (Nudt16)Brenda A Peculis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Biol Chem 282:24792-805. 2007..With the potential broader RNA substrate specificity, X29/H29K may be the nuclear counterparts of the cytoplasmic decapping machinery, localized in specialized bodies involved in RNA decay...