R S Paules
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- DNA damage activates a complex transcriptional response in murine lymphocytes that includes both physiological and cancer-predisposition programsCynthia L Innes
Environmental Stress and Cancer Group, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
BMC Genomics 14:163. 2013..Here we compare transcriptional responses to physiological DNA breaks with responses to genotoxic DNA damage induced by ionizing radiation...
- Gene expression response in target organ and whole blood varies as a function of target organ injury phenotypeEdward K Lobenhofer
Cogenics, Division of Clinical Data, Inc, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
Genome Biol 9:R100. 2008..The results of the study demonstrate the classification of histopathological differences, likely reflecting differences in mechanisms of cell-specific toxicity, using either liver tissue or blood transcriptomic data...
- Genes related to apoptosis predict necrosis of the liver as a phenotype observed in rats exposed to a compendium of hepatotoxicantsLingkang Huang
Biostatistics Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
BMC Genomics 9:288. 2008....
- Extracting gene expression patterns and identifying co-expressed genes from microarray data reveals biologically responsive processesJeff W Chou
Microarray Group, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:427. 2007..The approach utilizes the underlying structure of gene expression data to extract patterns and identify co-expressed genes that are responsive to experimental conditions...
- Gene expression profiles from discordant monozygotic twins suggest that molecular pathways are shared among multiple systemic autoimmune diseasesTerrance P O'Hanlon
Environmental Autoimmunity Group, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R69. 2011..The objective of this study is to determine if multiple systemic autoimmune diseases (SAID) share gene expression pathways that could provide insights into pathogenic mechanisms common to these disorders...
- Toxicogenomics and environmental diseases: the search for biomarkers predictive of adverse effectsR S Paules
Toxicogenomics Facilitator and Director, NIEHS Microarray Group, National Center for Toxicogenomics, NIEHS, NIH, DHHS, USA
Med Lav 97:322-3. 2006
- Moving forward in human cancer risk assessmentRichard S Paules
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:739-43. 2011..This testing battery is extremely sensitive but has low specificity. Furthermore, rodent bioassays are associated with high costs, high animal burden, and limited predictive value for human risks...
- MAPS: a microarray project system for gene expression experiment information and data validationP R Bushel
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, PO Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Bioinformatics 17:564-5. 2001....
- Differential renal gene expression in prehypertensive and hypertensive spontaneously hypertensive ratsJ M Seubert
Division of Intramural Research, National Center for Toxicogenomics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F552-61. 2005..Together, our data highlight the complexity of hypertension and the numerous genes involved in and affected by this condition...
- Blood gene expression signatures predict exposure levelsP R Bushel
Biostatistics Branch, Environmental Stress and Cancer Group, Environmental Toxicology Program, Microarray Group, Cancer Biology Group, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, P O Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:18211-6. 2007..It also supports the potential use of genomic markers in the blood as surrogates for clinical markers of potential acute liver damage...
- Use of transcriptomics in understanding mechanisms of drug-induced toxicityYuxia Cui
Environmental Stress and Cancer Group, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Mail Drop D2 03, PO Box 12233, 111 TW Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Pharmacogenomics 11:573-85. 2010..Related issues have been discussed, including extrapolation of mechanistic findings from experimental model systems to humans using blood as a surrogate tissue for organ damage and comparative systems biology approaches...