Hesed M Padilla-Nash
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- UOK 262 cell line, fumarate hydratase deficient (FH-/FH-) hereditary leiomyomatosis renal cell carcinoma: in vitro and in vivo model of an aberrant energy metabolic pathway in human cancerYoufeng Yang
Urologic Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1107, Bldg 10 CRC, Room 1 5942, Bethesda, MD 20892 1107
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 196:45-55. 2010..This tumor model is the embodiment of the Warburg effect. UOK 262 provides a unique in vitro and in vivo preclinical model for studying the bioenergetics of the Warburg effect in human cancer...
- Spontaneous transformation of murine epithelial cells requires the early acquisition of specific chromosomal aneuploidies and genomic imbalancesHesed M Padilla-Nash
Genetics Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:353-74. 2012....
- A sequence-based survey of the complex structural organization of tumor genomesBenjamin J Raphael
Department of Computer Science and Center for Computational Molecular Biology, Brown University, Waterman Street, Providence, RI 02912 1910, USA
Genome Biol 9:R59. 2008..The genomes of many epithelial tumors exhibit extensive chromosomal rearrangements. All classes of genome rearrangements can be identified using end sequencing profiling, which relies on paired-end sequencing of cloned tumor genomes...
- Jumping translocations are common in solid tumor cell lines and result in recurrent fusions of whole chromosome armsH M Padilla-Nash
Genetics Department, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 30:349-63. 2001..consequently resulting in tumor-specific genomic imbalances. Published 2001 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Spectral karyotyping demonstrates genetically unstable skin-homing T lymphocytes in cutaneous T-cell lymphomaHesed M Padilla-Nash
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Dermatol 16:98-103. 2007..We did not see genetic instability or evidence of clones in cell lines from a patient with atopic dermatitis and one with psoriasis...
- Spectral karyotyping analysis of human and mouse chromosomesHesed M Padilla-Nash
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, US National Institutes of Health, 50 South Drive MSC 8010, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Protoc 1:3129-42. 2006..SKY analysis requires approximately 6 d...
- Definitive molecular cytogenetic characterization of 15 colorectal cancer cell linesTurid Knutsen
Section of Cancer Genomics, Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 8010, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:204-23. 2010..The fact that chromosome abnormalities predominantly result in copy number changes rather than specific chromosome or gene fusions suggests that this may be the major mechanism leading to carcinogenesis in colorectal cancer...
- Integrative genomics reveals mechanisms of copy number alterations responsible for transcriptional deregulation in colorectal cancerJordi Camps
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:1002-17. 2009....
- Defective telomere elongation and hematopoiesis from telomerase-mutant aplastic anemia iPSCsThomas Winkler
Hematology Branch, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 0892 1202, USA
J Clin Invest 123:1952-63. 2013..Our data support the necessity of studying multiple clones when using iPSCs to model disease...
- Aneuploidy, oncogene amplification and epithelial to mesenchymal transition define spontaneous transformation of murine epithelial cellsHesed M Padilla-Nash
Genetics Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 34:1929-39. 2013..Therefore, our novel mouse models faithfully recapitulate the sequence of genomic and transcriptomic events that define human tumorigenesis, hence validating them for both basic and preclinical research. ..
- Accumulated chromosomal instability in murine bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells leads to malignant transformationMasako Miura
Dental Biology Unit, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Building 30, Room 131, 30 Convent Drive MSC4320, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Stem Cells 24:1095-103. 2006..BMMSCs/fibrosarcoma transformation system may provide an ideal system to elucidate the mechanism of how stem cells become cancer cells and to screen anti-sarcoma drugs...
- The UOK 257 cell line: a novel model for studies of the human Birt-Hogg-Dubé gene pathwayYoufeng Yang
Urologic Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 1W 5888, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 180:100-9. 2008..The result demonstrates that the established tumor cells consist of two cell populations, one containing four and one containing five copies of the MYC oncogene...
- PCGEM1, a prostate-specific gene, is overexpressed in prostate cancerV Srikantan
Center for Prostate Disease Research, Department of Surgery, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:12216-21. 2000....