Affiliation: National Jewish Medical and Research Center
- The influence of diesel exhaust particles on mononuclear phagocytic cell-derived cytokines: IL-10, TGF-beta and IL-1 betaK A Pacheco
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 126:374-83. 2001..Pro-inflammatory cytokines and factors rise when IL-10 is inhibited, and are suppressed when IL-10 is stimulated. These results are duplicated with benzo[a]pyrene, suggesting that the PAH portion of the DEP is the active agent...
- Airborne endotoxin predicts symptoms in non-mouse-sensitized technicians and research scientists exposed to laboratory miceKarin A Pacheco
Department of Medicine, Division of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:983-90. 2003..8, p = 0.003). We conclude that airborne endotoxin is associated with respiratory symptoms to mice in non-mouse-sensitized scientists and technicians...
- Characterization of endotoxin and mouse allergen exposures in mouse facilities and research laboratoriesKarin A Pacheco
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO, USA
Ann Occup Hyg 50:563-72. 2006..Endotoxin and mouse allergen are derived from the same animal source, but have different physicochemical attributes. It is not known if airborne exposures to these agents are correlated in the laboratory animal workplace...
- New insights into laboratory animal exposures and allergic responsesKarin A Pacheco
Division of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 7:156-61. 2007..To update the epidemiology of laboratory animal allergy, identify new exposures in the laboratory animal workplace, discuss complexities in the exposure-response relationship, and review the immunology of symptomatic and allergic responses...
- Association of Toll-like receptor 4 alleles with symptoms and sensitization to laboratory animalsKarin Pacheco
Division of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:896-902.e4. 2008..We hypothesized that functional genetic variants of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), a key surface receptor for endotoxin, interface between worker and workplace and affect animal sensitization, symptoms, or both...
- Aerosolized sodium hypochlorite inhibits viability and allergenicity of mold on building materialsJohn W Martyny
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 116:630-5. 2005..Disinfectants that contain dilute sodium hypochlorite can kill mold and are practical to use. Whether they also inhibit mold allergy symptoms is unknown...
- Of rats and men (and women)Karin A Pacheco
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:1-2. 2006
- Study of Genetics, Endotoxin and Allergen (SAGE)Karin Pacheco; Fiscal Year: 2007....