Taras K Oleksyk
Affiliation: National Cancer Institute
- High levels of fluctuating asymmetry in populations of Apodemus flavicollis from the most contaminated areas in ChornobylTaras K Oleksyk
Savannah River Ecology Laboratory of the University of Georgia, Drawer E, Aiken, SC 29802, USA
J Environ Radioact 73:1-20. 2004..Detectable effects of radiation on developmental stability probably start to occur between 0.132 and 0.297 microGy/h...
- Identifying selected regions from heterozygosity and divergence using a light-coverage genomic dataset from two human populationsTaras K Oleksyk
Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1712. 2008..The main strength of our analysis method compared to others is that it does not require dense genotyping and therefore can be used with data from population-based genome SNP scans from smaller studies of humans or other species...
- Frequency distributions of 137Cs in fish and mammal populationsTaras K Oleksyk
Savannah River Ecology Laboratory, The University of Georgia s, Drawer E, Aiken, SC 29802, USA
J Environ Radioact 61:55-74. 2002..Fish and mammals probably use their environments in fundamentally different ways. The highest concentrations and thus greatest risks are therefore confined to relatively few individuals in each population...
- Evaluation of IL10, IL19 and IL20 gene polymorphisms and chronic hepatitis B infection outcomeAnn L Truelove
Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Int J Immunogenet 35:255-64. 2008..01-0.04). These results suggest that IL10 and IL20 gene variants influence HBV infection outcome and encourage the pursuit of further studies of these cytokines in HBV pathogenesis...
- Genetics of cattails in radioactively contaminated areas around ChornobylOlga V Tsyusko
The University of Georgia, Savannah River Ecology Laboratory, PO E, Aiken, SC 29802, USA
Mol Ecol 15:2611-25. 2006....
- Genome and gene alterations by insertions and deletions in the evolution of human and chimpanzee chromosome 22Natalia Volfovsky
Advanced Biomedical Computing Center, Advanced Technology Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
BMC Genomics 10:51. 2009..In this study, we evaluated distribution, evolutionary history, and function of indels found by comparing syntenic regions of the human and chimpanzee genomes...