Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Health disparities in awareness of physical activity and cancer prevention: findings from the National Cancer Institute's 2007 Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS)April Oh
Health Promotion Research Branch, Behavioral Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Prevention, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, Rockville, MD 20852 7335, USA
J Health Commun 15:60-77. 2010..Variables associated with awareness within racial/ethnic groups identify potential subgroups to whom communication efforts to promote awareness may be targeted...
- Language use and adherence to multiple cancer preventive health behaviors among HispanicsApril Oh
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Prevention, Behavioral Researchn Program, Health Promotion Research Branch, Rockville, MD 20852 7335, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 13:849-59. 2011..Study findings support evidence behaviors occur in combination and contributes to understanding of the role of language use in patterns of behavioral adherence...
- Perceptions of cancer controllability and cancer risk knowledge: the moderating role of race, ethnicity, and acculturationA Susana Ramirez
National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd Suite 4051A, MSC 7150, Rockville, MD, 20892 7105, USA
J Cancer Educ 28:254-61. 2013..Implications for cancer education efforts are discussed...
- Perceptions of the roles of behaviour and genetics in disease risk: are they associated with behaviour change attemptsAnh B Nguyen
a Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, The National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
Psychol Health 30:336-53. 2015..In conclusion, while behavioural causal beliefs are associated with behavioural change, measurement must capture disease-specific behavioural causal beliefs as they are associated with different health behaviours...
- Parenting styles and practices in children's obesogenic behaviors: scientific gaps and future research directionsHeather Patrick
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 9671, USA
Child Obes 9:S73-86. 2013....
- Cross-sectional examination of physical and social contexts of episodes of eating and drinking in a national sample of US adultsApril Oh
1Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Clinical Monitoring Research Program Directorate CMRP, Support to National Cancer Institute, Health Behaviors Research Branch, SAIC Frederick, Inc, 6130 Executive Blvd, Room 4039, MSC 7335, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Rockville, MD 21702, USA
Public Health Nutr 17:2721-9. 2014..The current study characterizes associations between physical and social contexts of self-reported primary episodes of eating/drinking and sociodemographic and obesity-related variables in US adults...
- The association of state law to physical education time allocation in US public schoolsFrank M Perna
Health Behaviors Research Branch, Behavioral Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute NCI, Bethesda, MD 20892 7236, USA
Am J Public Health 102:1594-9. 2012..L.A.S.S.) Web site, reported more weekly PE time in the most recent School Health Policies and Programs Survey (SHPPS)...