Stuart J Nelson
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Orthopaedic literature and MeSHStuart J Nelson
National Library of Medicine, Library Operations, 8600 Rockville Pike, Room B2E17, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2621-6. 2010..Further improvements in the availability and accessibility of medical literature will depend on continued maintenance and development of MeSH, as well as on refinement of the indexing process...
- The MeSH translation maintenance system: structure, interface design, and implementationStuart J Nelson
National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, USA
Medinfo 11:67-9. 2004..The system software encourages compliance with the Unicode standard in order to ensure that character sets with native alphabets and full orthography are used consistently...
- Integrating SNOMED CT into the UMLS: an exploration of different views of synonymy and quality of editingKin Wah Fung
National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 12:486-94. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the quality of human judgment of synonymy...
- Building a standards-based and collaborative e-prescribing tool: MyRxPadStuart J Nelson
U S National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Int J Data Min Bioinform 5:252-65. 2011..We present our experience in applying RxNorm in an e-prescribing setting: using standard names and codes to capture prescribed medication as well as extracting information from RxNorm to support medication-related clinical decision...
- Normalized names for clinical drugs: RxNorm at 6 yearsStuart J Nelson
U S National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:441-8. 2011..In the 6 years since the National Library of Medicine began monthly releases of RxNorm, RxNorm has become a central resource for communicating about clinical drugs and supporting interoperation between drug vocabularies...