Ralph F Nelson
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Transporter-mediated GABA responses in horizontal and bipolar cells of zebrafish retinaRalph Nelson
Basic Neurosciences Program, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20892 9406, USA
Vis Neurosci 25:155-65. 2008..The ATPase activity generates AHP. In addition to a GABA clearance function, these large-amplitude transporter responses may provide an outer plexiform layer GABA sensor mechanism...
- A spectral model for signal elements isolated from zebrafish photopic electroretinogramRalph F Nelson
Basic Neurosciences Program, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20892, USA
Vis Neurosci 26:349-63. 2009..The greatest gains in Vmax relative to PIII occurred for the b- and u-cone signals in the b1/PII/PIIm b-wave elements. This suggests a high-gain prolific metabotropic circuitry for b- and u-cone bipolar cells...
- Stimulation of sodium pump restores membrane potential to neurons excited by glutamate in zebrafish distal retinaRalph Nelson
Basic Neurosciences Program, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Physiol 549:787-800. 2003..Persistent stimulation of distal retina by photoreceptor glutamate may induce increased expression and activity of Na+,K+-ATPase, with a consequent impact on distal glutamate responses...
- Fenretinide-induced neuronal differentiation of ARPE-19 human retinal pigment epithelial cells is associated with the differential expression of Hsp70, 14-3-3, pax-6, tubulin beta-III, NSE, and bag-1 proteinsShanyi Chen
Biochemistry Section, Laboratory of Retinal Cell and Molecular Biology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-0706, USA
Mol Vis 12:1355-63. 2006..These results suggest that ARPE-19 cells could be a progenitor cell line that can be differentiated into neuronal cells when treated with factors such as fenretinide...
- Electrophysiological evidence of GABAA and GABAC receptors on zebrafish retinal bipolar cellsVictoria P Connaughton
Department of Biology, American University, Washington, DC 20016, USA
Vis Neurosci 25:139-53. 2008..In summary, axon terminals contain bicuculline-sensitive GABAA receptors and both picrotoxin-sensitive and insensitive GABAC receptors. Dendritic processes express zinc- and picrotoxin-sensitive GABAC receptors...
- Modulation of horizontal cell function by dopaminergic ligands in mammalian retinaRenate Pflug
Center for Physiology and Pathophysiology, Department of Physiology, Medical University of Vienna, Schwarzspanierstrasse 17, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Vision Res 48:1383-90. 2008..The impact of dopamine D1/D5 receptor activation on the function of HC in the light stimulated retina is discussed...