David E Nelson
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Alcohol-attributable cancer deaths and years of potential life lost in the United StatesDavid E Nelson
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7105, USA
Am J Public Health 103:641-8. 2013..Our goal was to provide current estimates of alcohol-attributable cancer mortality and years of potential life lost (YPLL) in the United States...
- Applying strategies from libertarian paternalism to decision making for prostate specific antigen (PSA) screeningDavid C Wheeler
Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMC Cancer 11:148. 2011..In spite of these facts, the widespread use of PSA testing in the United States leads to overdetection and overtreatment of clinically indolent prostate cancer, and its associated harms of incontinence and impotence...
- US state alcohol sales compared to survey data, 1993-2006David E Nelson
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, Center for Cancer Training, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7105, USA
Addiction 105:1589-96. 2010..Assess long-term trends of the correlation between alcohol sales data and survey data...
- Trust and sources of health information: the impact of the Internet and its implications for health care providers: findings from the first Health Information National Trends SurveyBradford W Hesse
National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Boulevard, MSC 7365, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:2618-24. 2005..The objective of this study was to provide nationally representative estimates for health-related uses of the Internet, level of trust in health information sources, and preferences for cancer information sources...
- Examination of population-wide trends in barriers to cancer screening from a diffusion of innovation perspective (1987-2000)Lila J Finney Rutten
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, Division of Cancer Prevention, and Health Communication and Informatics Research Branch, Division of Cancer Control and Population Science, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Prev Med 38:258-68. 2004..Barriers to cancer screening may change over time as screening becomes more widespread...
- A comparison of national estimates from the National Health Interview Survey and the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance SystemDavid E Nelson
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1335-41. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare national estimates from the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) and the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)...
- Cancer screening estimates for U.S. metropolitan areasDavid E Nelson
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Prev Med 24:301-9. 2003..To provide estimates of breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening for metropolitan areas in the United States...
- Consumer/provider communication research: directions for developmentGary L Kreps
Health Communication and Informatics Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Boulevard, EPN 4084, MSC 7365, Bethesda, MD 20892 7326, USA
Patient Educ Couns 50:3-4. 2003....
- Evaluating postgraduate public health and biomedical training program outcomes: : lost opportunities and renewed interestJessica Faupel-Badger
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Cancer Educ 28:18-26. 2013..Suggestions for increasing interest in conducting and reporting evaluation studies of these structured postgraduate training programs are provided...
- Expanding cancer prevention education to national and international audiences: the National Cancer Institute's Principles and Practice of Cancer Prevention and Control annual summer courseJessica M Faupel-Badger
National Cancer Institute, Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, Bethesda, MD 20892 7105, USA
J Cancer Educ 26:619-25. 2011....
- The Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS): development, design, and disseminationDavid E Nelson
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7365, USA
J Health Commun 9:443-60; discussion 81-4. 2004....
- News media outreach and newspaper coverage of tobacco controlLinda L Pederson
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Health Promot Pract 13:642-7. 2012..Little is known about the impact of media outreach on news media coverage of tobacco control...
- State trends in health risk factors and receipt of clinical preventive services among US adults during the 1990sDavid E Nelson
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, 6130 Executive Blvd, MSC 7365, EPN 4068, Bethesda, MD 20892 7365, USA
JAMA 287:2659-67. 2002..There may be important state trends that are obscured by national data...