Mark S Myers
Affiliation: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Improved flatfish health following remediation of a PAH-contaminated site in Eagle Harbor, WashingtonMark S Myers
Environmental Conservation Division, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service NOAA Fisheries, Seattle, WA 98112, United States
Aquat Toxicol 88:277-88. 2008....
- Unexpectedly high mortality in Pacific herring embryos exposed to the 2007 Cosco Busan oil spill in San Francisco BayJohn P Incardona
Environmental Conservation Division, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Seattle, WA 98112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E51-8. 2012..Nevertheless, we successfully delineated the biological impacts of an oil spill in an urbanized coastal estuary with an overlapping backdrop of atmospheric, vessel, and land-based sources of PAC pollution...
- Potent phototoxicity of marine bunker oil to translucent herring embryos after prolonged weatheringJohn P Incardona
Environmental Conservation Division, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30116. 2012....
- Xenoestrogen exposure and effects in English sole (Parophrys vetulus) from Puget Sound, WALyndal L Johnson
Northwest Fisheries Science Center, Environmental Conservation Divison, 2725 Montlake Boulevard E, Seattle, WA 98112, United States
Aquat Toxicol 88:29-38. 2008..Sources of xenoestrogens and types of xenoestrogens present in Elliott Bay are poorly documented, but the compounds are likely associated with industrial discharges, surface runoff, and combined sewer outfalls...
- Recurrent die-offs of adult coho salmon returning to spawn in Puget Sound lowland urban streamsNathaniel L Scholz
Northwest Fisheries Science Center, NOAA Fisheries, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28013. 2011..Stormwater may therefore place important constraints on efforts to conserve and recover coho populations in urban and urbanizing watersheds throughout the western United States...
- Accumulation and clearance of orally administered erythromycin and its derivative, azithromycin, in juvenile fall chinook salmon Oncorhynchus tshawytschaWilliam T Fairgrieve
Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, 205 South East Spokane Street Suite 100, Portland, Oregon 97202, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 64:99-106. 2005....
- Toxicity of forest fire retardant chemicals to stream-type chinook salmon undergoing parr-smolt transformationJoseph P Dietrich
Environmental Conservation Division, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Newport, OR, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 32:236-47. 2013..Reduced salmon survival resulting from prior fire retardant exposure during their transition from freshwater rearing environments to seawater may decrease the abundance of salmon populations...
- Toxicopathic liver lesions in English sole and chemical contaminant exposure in Vancouver Harbour, CanadaCarla M Stehr
Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 2725 Montlake Blvd E, Seattle, WA 98112, USA
Mar Environ Res 57:55-74. 2004..The occurrence of toxicopathic liver lesions was statistically associated with concentrations of AHs measured in sediment and AH metabolite levels measured in bile...
- Liver lesions in demersal fishes near a large ocean outfall on the San Pedro Shelf, CaliforniaEdward Basmadjian
Science Applications International Corporation, 9455 Towne Center Drive, MS W 2T, San Diego, CA 92121 1578, USA
Environ Monit Assess 138:239-53. 2008..Thus, the usefulness of liver histopathology as a point-source monitoring tool is best applied to where the spatial scale of impact generally exceeds the home range of the target species...