Genomes and Genes
Terry W Moody
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Moody T, Di Florio A, Jensen R. PYK-2 is tyrosine phosphorylated after activation of pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide receptors in lung cancer cells. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;48:660-6 pubmed..The increase in PYK-2 tyrosine phosphorylation caused by PACAP was inhibited by PACAP(6-38), U73122, or BAPTA, but not H89. The results suggest that PAC1 regulates PYK-2 tyrosine phosphorylation in a calcium-dependent manner. ..
- Moody T, Switzer C, Santana Flores W, Ridnour L, Berna M, Thill M, et al. Dithiolethione modified valproate and diclofenac increase E-cadherin expression and decrease proliferation of non-small cell lung cancer cells. Lung Cancer. 2010;68:154-60 pubmed publisher..Because S-valproate and S-diclofenac inhibit the growth of NSCLC cells and reduce PGE(2) levels, they may prove beneficial in the chemoprevention and/or therapy of NSCLC. ..
- Moody T, Merali Z. Bombesin-like peptides and associated receptors within the brain: distribution and behavioral implications. Peptides. 2004;25:511-20 pubmed..GRP and NMB modulate distinct biological processes through discrete brain regions or circuits, and globally these peptidergic systems may serve in an integrative or homeostatic function. ..
- Moody T, Czerwinski G, Tarasova N, Michejda C. VIP-ellipticine derivatives inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells. Life Sci. 2002;71:1005-14 pubmed..These results indicate that VIP-E derivatives function as breast cancer VPAC(1) receptor agonists which inhibit MCF-7 cellular viability. ..
- Moody T, Leyton J, Jensen R. Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide causes increased tyrosine phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase and paxillin. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;46:68-74 pubmed publisher..The results show that PAC1-R regulates FAK and paxillin tyrosine phosphorylation in lung cancer cells as a result of increased phosphatidylinositol turnover but not adenylyl cylase stimulation. ..
- Moody T, Berna M, Mantey S, Sancho V, Ridnour L, Wink D, et al. Neuromedin B receptors regulate EGF receptor tyrosine phosphorylation in lung cancer cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;637:38-45 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the NMB receptor regulates EGF receptor transactivation by a mechanism dependent on Src as well as metalloprotease activation and generation of reactive oxygen species. ..
- Moody T, Jensen R. Breast cancer VPAC1 receptors. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1070:436-9 pubmed..VIP chemotherapeutic conjugates may be useful agents to inhibit the growth of breast cancer. ..
- Moody T, Ramos Álvarez I, Moreno P, Mantey S, Ridnour L, Wink D, et al. Endothelin causes transactivation of the EGFR and HER2 in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Peptides. 2017;90:90-99 pubmed publisher..ET-1 increased NSCLC clonal growth, whereas BQ123, ZD4054, lapatinib or gefitinib inhibited proliferation. The results indicate that ET-1 may regulate NSCLC cellular proliferation in an EGFR- and HER2-dependent manner. ..