Muhammad M Mohiuddin
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Clinical xenotransplantation of organs: why aren't we there yet?Muhammad M Mohiuddin
Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Program, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e75. 2007
- B-cell depletion extends the survival of GTKO.hCD46Tg pig heart xenografts in baboons for up to 8 monthsM M Mohiuddin
Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Program, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Transplant 12:763-71. 2012....
- Ex-vivo expanded baboon CD4+ CD25 Hi Treg cells suppress baboon anti-pig T and B cell immune responseAvneesh K Singh
Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Program, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Xenotransplantation 19:102-11. 2012..In this study, we evaluated the role of these Treg cells in suppressing proliferative response of baboon T and B cells to pig xenoantigens...
- Characterization and expansion of baboon CD4+CD25+ Treg cells for potential use in a non-human primate xenotransplantation modelCynthia M Porter
Division of Cellular and Gene Therapy, CBER, FDA, Bethesda, Mayland 20892, USA
Xenotransplantation 14:298-308. 2007..Baboons are a preferred preclinical animal model for xenogeneic organ transplantation experiments, and the characterization of baboon Treg cells will be beneficial to future tolerance studies in this animal model...
- Antibody-mediated accommodation of heart grafts expressing an incompatible carbohydrate antigenMuhammad M Mohiuddin
Department of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery, Rush University, 1653 West Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Transplantation 75:258-62. 2003..The present study describes an experimental model for antibody-mediated accommodation of organs expressing incompatible carbohydrate antigens...
- Mouse-heart grafts expressing an incompatible carbohydrate antigen. II. Transition from accommodation to toleranceHaruko Ogawa
Department of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery Rush University, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Transplantation 77:366-73. 2004..KO mice lack the alpha-gal epitope and can produce the anti-Gal antibody against it after immunization with pig kidney membranes (PKM) that express this epitope...