Affiliation: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Testing association and linkage using affected-sib-parent study designsJoshua Millstein
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Marine Fisheries Service, Alaska Fisheries Science Center, Seattle, Washington 98115, USA
Genet Epidemiol 29:225-33. 2005..8% by FBAT, and 82.5% by our joint test of linkage and association. Our model can also be used to obtain tests of linkage conditional on association and association conditional on linkage, which can be helpful in fine mapping...
- A testing framework for identifying susceptibility genes in the presence of epistasisJoshua Millstein
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Marine Fisheries Service, Alaska Fisheries Science Center, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 78:15-27. 2006..In an independent data set consisting primarily of African American and Asian American children, these three genes also showed a significant association with asthma status (P = .0008)...
- Effects of ambient air pollutants on asthma medication use and wheezing among fourth-grade school children from 12 Southern California communities enrolled in The Children's Health StudyJoshua Millstein
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Arch Environ Health 59:505-14. 2004..07 [95%CI = 1.61-5.86]; OR = 1.31 [95%CI = 0.47-2.71]; respectively). The authors concluded that monthly variations in some ambient air pollutants were associated with monthly respiratory morbidity among school children...
- Identifying susceptibility genes by using joint tests of association and linkage and accounting for epistasisJoshua Millstein
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Marine Fisheries Service, Alaska Fisheries Science Center, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
BMC Genet 6:S147. 2005..The strongest effect was for SNP B03T3056, which had a median p-value of 1.98 x 10(-34). No two- or three-locus effects were found in more than one replicate...
- Health effects of the 2003 Southern California wildfires on childrenNino Kunzli
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:1221-8. 2006..In late October 2003, Southern California wildfires burned more than 3,000 km2. The wildfires produced heavy smoke that affected several communities participating in the University of Southern California Children's Health Study (CHS)...
- Birth outcomes and prenatal exposure to ozone, carbon monoxide, and particulate matter: results from the Children's Health StudyMuhammad T Salam
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Environ Health Perspect 113:1638-44. 2005..1-42.2 g), but this association was reduced and not significant after adjusting for O3. In summary, O3 exposure during the second and third trimesters and CO exposure during the first trimester were associated with reduced birth weight...
- Identification of causal genes, networks, and transcriptional regulators of REM sleep and wakeJoshua Millstein
Sage Bionetworks, Seattle, WA, USA
Sleep 34:1469-77. 2011..Thus, the aim of this study was to use systems genetics and statistical approaches to uncover the genetic networks underlying 2 primary sleep traits in the mouse: 24-h duration of REM sleep and wake...
- Disentangling molecular relationships with a causal inference testJoshua Millstein
Genetics Department, Rosetta Inpharmatics, LLC, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
BMC Genet 10:23. 2009..g. a molecular species, which potentially mediates a known causal association between a locus and a quantitative trait...
- Assessing the prospects of genome-wide association studies performed in inbred miceWan Lin Su
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mamm Genome 21:143-52. 2010....
- Mapping the genetic architecture of gene expression in human liverEric E Schadt
Rosetta Inpharmatics, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS Biol 6:e107. 2008..We also identify SORT1 and CELSR2 as candidate susceptibility genes for a locus recently associated with coronary artery disease and plasma low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in the process...