Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Thalamic pathways for active visionRobert H Wurtz
Laboratory of Sensorimotor Research, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Trends Cogn Sci 15:177-84. 2011..The second two pathways might contribute to the neuronal mechanisms underlying visual spatial attention in cortex and in the thalamus itself...
- Attentional modulation of thalamic reticular neuronsKerry McAlonan
Laboratory of Sensorimotor Research, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20982 4435, USA
J Neurosci 26:4444-50. 2006..Thus, as predicted previously, TRN activity is modified by shifts of visual attention, and these attentional changes could influence visual processing in LGN via the inhibitory connections back to the thalamus...
- Guarding the gateway to cortex with attention in visual thalamusKerry McAlonan
Laboratory of Sensorimotor Research, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 456:391-4. 2008..The reciprocal modulation in LGN and TRN appears only during the initial visual response, but the modulation of LGN reappears later in the response, suggesting separate early and late sources of attentional modulation in LGN...
- Optogenetic inactivation modifies monkey visuomotor behaviorJames Cavanaugh
Laboratory of Sensorimotor Research, National Eye Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20982 4435, USA
Neuron 76:901-7. 2012....
- The thalamic reticular nucleus: more than a sensory nucleus?Kerry McAlonan
School of Psychology, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, United Kingdom
Neuroscientist 8:302-5. 2002....
- Orbital prefrontal cortex mediates reversal learning and not attentional set shifting in the ratKerry McAlonan
School of Psychology, University of St. Andrews, St Andrews KY16 9JU, Scotland, UK
Behav Brain Res 146:97-103. 2003..We report here the same selective impairment in reversal learning in rats as seen in primates with orbital prefrontal cortex lesions...