Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Adjunctive use of lithium carbonate for the management of neutropenia in clozapine-treated childrenAnand Mattai
Child Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, NIH, MD 20892 1600, USA
Hum Psychopharmacol 24:584-9. 2009..In children, the rate of neutropenia is higher when compared to adults. We decided to explore the use of lithium to manage neutropenia in childhood-onset schizophrenia (COS) through a systematic audit of COS cases...
- Effects of clozapine and olanzapine on cortical thickness in childhood-onset schizophreniaAnand Mattai
Child Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD, 20892 1600, United States
Schizophr Res 116:44-8. 2010..Although clozapine remains the most effective antipsychotic medication in treatment-refractory cases, it is unknown whether it has a differential effect on GM development...
- Hippocampal volume development in healthy siblings of childhood-onset schizophrenia patientsAnand Mattai
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:427-35. 2011..In the present study, the authors examined hippocampal volumes in relation to age for patients with childhood-onset schizophrenia, their nonpsychotic healthy siblings, and healthy comparison subjects...
- Normalization of cortical gray matter deficits in nonpsychotic siblings of patients with childhood-onset schizophreniaAnand A Mattai
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health NIH, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 50:697-704. 2011..Here we present a replication with nonoverlapping groups of healthy full siblings and healthy controls...
- Tolerability of transcranial direct current stimulation in childhood-onset schizophreniaAnand Mattai
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Brain Stimul 4:275-80. 2011..In recent years, transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) has been used to study and treat many neuropsychiatric conditions. However, information regarding its tolerability in the pediatric population is lacking...
- Lack of gender influence on cortical and subcortical gray matter development in childhood-onset schizophreniaBrian Weisinger
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institutes of Mental Health, 10 3N202, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD, USA
Schizophr Bull 39:52-8. 2013..The effect of sex on brain development in schizophrenia is poorly understood and studies to date have produced inconsistent results...
- Hormonal correlates of clozapine-induced weight gain in psychotic children: an exploratory studyAlexandra L Sporn
Child Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:925-33. 2005..In this study, the authors examined six weight gain-related hormones in patients with childhood-onset schizophrenia (COS) after 6 weeks of clozapine treatment...
- Quantitative morphology of the corpus callosum in obsessive-compulsive disorderKatherine C Lopez
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 4C110, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1367, Bethesda, MD, USA
Psychiatry Res 212:1-6. 2013..These findings implicate medio-frontal regions of the cortex in the pathophysiology of OCD...
- Microduplications disrupting the MYT1L gene (2p25.3) are associated with schizophreniaYohan Lee
Child Psychiatry Branch, Division of Intramural Research Programs, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Psychiatr Genet 22:206-9. 2012..14%, odds ratio=16.6, P=0.01). This report adds to the growing body of literature implicating rare CNVs as risk factors for schizophrenia and shows that some risk CNVs are more common among extreme early-onset cases...