Louise C Masse
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Emerging measurement and statistical methods in physical activity researchLouise C Masse
Health Promotion Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7335, USA
Am J Prev Med 23:44-55. 2002..The article presents a brief overview of these methods and discusses potential advantages and limitations of using them...
- Accelerometer data reduction: a comparison of four reduction algorithms on select outcome variablesLouise C Masse
Health Promotion Research Branch, Behavioral Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20895 7335, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:S544-54. 2005..This paper a) reviews decision rules researchers have used in the past, b) compares the impact of using different decision rules on a common data set, and c) identifies issues to consider for accelerometer data reduction...
- Identifying sedentary subgroups: the National Cancer Institute's Health Information National Trends SurveyAudie A Atienza
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Prev Med 31:383-90. 2006..This study identified key sociodemographic and health communication characteristics of various subgroups with high rates of inactivity using signal detection methodology...
- Physical activity in the United States measured by accelerometerRichard P Troiano
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 40:181-8. 2008..To describe physical activity levels of children (6-11 yr), adolescents (12-19 yr), and adults (20+ yr), using objective data obtained with accelerometers from a representative sample of the U.S. population...
- State ranks of incident cancer burden due to overweight and obesity in the United States, 2003Shine Chang
Office of Preventive Oncology, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1636-50. 2008..Given links between obesity and cancer, we estimated incident cancer burden due to overweight and obesity at the state level in the United States...
- Employer and healthcare policy interventions aimed at adult obesityBernard F Fuemmeler
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:44-51. 2007..Policy strategies for curtailing obesity have been recommended, yet there has been little research on the degree of public support for policy-level interventions...