Affiliation: National Development and Research Institutes
- Application of interactive, computer technology to adolescent substance abuse prevention and treatmentLisa A Marsch
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research, National Development and Research Institutes, 71 West 23rd Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10010, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 18:342-56, xii. 2007....
- The social production of substance abuse and HIV/HCV risk: an exploratory study of opioid-using immigrants from the former Soviet Union living in New York CityHonoria Guarino
Center for Technology and Health, National Development and Research Institutes, Inc, New York, NY 10010, USA
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 7:2. 2012..S., as well as social contextual factors that may increase these immigrants' susceptibility to opioid abuse and HIV/HCV infection...
- Computer-assisted HIV prevention for youth with substance use disordersLisa A Marsch
Center for Technology and Health, National Development and Research Institutes, 71 West 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
Subst Use Misuse 46:46-56. 2011..Results suggest this Web-based program may be effective and engaging and may increase the adoption of effective HIV and disease prevention science for youth. Limitations are discussed...
- The anatomy of risk: a quantitative investigation into injection drug users' taxonomy of risk attitudes and perceptionsLisa A Marsch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 15:195-203. 2007..Identifying improved methodologies for evaluating the risk perceptions of IDUs may be of considerable utility in understanding their high-risk behavior...
- Predictors of outcome in LAAM, buprenorphine, and methadone treatment for opioid dependenceLisa A Marsch
Behavioral Pharmacology Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 13:293-302. 2005..We did not find any factors that would strongly guide selection of one medication over others...
- Comparison of pharmacological treatments for opioid-dependent adolescents: a randomized controlled trialLisa A Marsch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, Burlington, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1157-64. 2005..The prevalence of heroin and other opioid use has markedly increased among adolescents in the last decade; however, virtually no research has been conducted to identify effective treatments for this population...
- Buprenorphine treatment for opioid dependence: the relative efficacy of daily, twice and thrice weekly dosingLisa A Marsch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 77:195-204. 2005....
- Efficacy of computer-based HIV/AIDS education for injection drug usersLisa A Marsch
University of Vermont, Department of Psychiatry, Burlington, VT, USA
Am J Health Behav 28:316-27. 2004..To compare computer-delivered to therapist-delivered HIV/AIDS education among opioid-dependent, injection drug-users (IDUs)...
- Altered states: the impact of immediate craving on the valuation of current and future opioidsGary J Badger
Biometry Facility, University of Vermont, VT, USA
J Health Econ 26:865-76. 2007..Under-appreciation of craving by non-addicts may contribute to initial decisions to experiment with drugs...
- Mild opioid deprivation increases the degree that opioid-dependent outpatients discount delayed heroin and moneyLouis A Giordano
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 163:174-82. 2002..Little is known, however, about how drug deprivation may affect temporal discounting of delayed rewards by drug-dependent individuals...
- Methadone maintenance treatment for youth: experiences of clients, staff, and parentsHonoria M Guarino
National Development and Research Institutes, New York, New York 10010, USA
Subst Use Misuse 44:1979-89. 2009..The study's limitations were noted...
- Opioids and the treatment of chronic pain: controversies, current status, and future directionsAndrew Rosenblum
National Development and Research Institutes, New York, NY 10010, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 16:405-16. 2008....
- Outcomes of buprenorphine maintenance in office-based practiceStephen Magura
National Development and Research Institutes, NY 10010, USA
J Addict Dis 26:13-23. 2007..Co-occurring psychiatric disorders and polysubstance abuse at intake were common, but received clinical attention, which may explain why their effect on outcomes was minimal...
- Emerging trends and innovations in the identification and management of drug use among adolescents and young adultsSarah Lord
Center for Technology and Health, National Development and Research Institutes, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 22:649-69, xiv. 2011....
- Buprenorphine medication versus voucher contingencies in promoting abstinence from opioids and cocaineMohit P Chopra
Department of Psychiatry, VA Boston Healthcare System, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 17:226-36. 2009..Findings should be interpreted in light of the greater attrition associated with medication-based contingencies versus the greater monetary costs of voucher-based contingencies...
- Computerized behavior therapy for opioid-dependent outpatients: a randomized controlled trialWarren K Bickel
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 16:132-43. 2008....
- A comparison between low-magnitude voucher and buprenorphine medication contingencies in promoting abstinence from opioids and cocaineAnke Gross
Department of General Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 14:148-56. 2006..95 and 2.90, respectively). Results suggest that the use of medication-based contingencies in combination with behavioral therapy in promoting drug abstinence may have clinical utility. Limitations of the study are discussed...
- Opioid-Dependent Adolescents: A Detoxification StudyLisa Marsch; Fiscal Year: 2002..As the number of opioid-dependent adolescents continues to dramatically increase, identifying effective treatments to meet the unique needs of this population is critical. ..
- Applying Web Technology to Buprenorphine TreatmentLisa Marsch; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Computer-Assisted HIV Prevention for Young Drug UsersLisa Marsch; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, the program will be able to address risk factors specific to each young drug user. This program may address many of the challenges associated with the current delivery of evidence-based HIV prevention programs to this population. ..
- Expanding Computer-Based Drug Abuse PreventionLisa Marsch; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Science-Based Treatment for Opioid-Dependent AdolescentsLisa Marsch; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, this research will contribute new empirical information that will inform the development of effective treatment interventions for the largely unstudied and rapidly expanding population of opioid-dependent youth. ..
- Computer-Delivery of Effective, Psychosocial Interventions in Methadone TreatmentLisa Marsch; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed project may generate clinically important empirical data regarding the use of technology in promoting new models of treatment delivery that may enable rapid and widespread diffusion of science-based interventions. ..
- Computer-Delivered Psychosocial Treatment for Adolescent Substance Use DisordersLisa A Marsch; Fiscal Year: 2010....