P J Mannon
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Peptide YY as a growth factor for intestinal epitheliumPeter J Mannon
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Peptides 23:383-8. 2002..In addition to proposed physiologic effects on gut mucosal maintenance, PYY proliferative effects may be hypothesized to contribute to pathophysiologic consequences of stimulated growth...
- Excess IL-12 but not IL-23 accompanies the inflammatory bowel disease associated with common variable immunodeficiencyPeter J Mannon
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Host Defense, NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Gastroenterology 131:748-56. 2006..This study was designed to assess the status of the gastrointestinal tract and to define the mucosal immune abnormalities in patients with and without symptomatic gut inflammatory disease...
- Peptide YY Y1 receptor activates mitogen-activated protein kinase and proliferation in gut epithelial cells via the epidermal growth factor receptorP J Mannon
Gastroenterology Section, Box 3913, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Biochem J 350:655-61. 2000..These results demonstrate a novel pathway involving G(i)/G(o) protein, EGFR and PKC to activate MAPK. Further, they support a role for PYY and the Y1R in regulating growth in human colonic epithelium...
- Anti-interleukin-12 antibody for active Crohn's diseasePeter J Mannon
Mucosal Immunity Section, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2069-79. 2004..Crohn's disease is associated with excess cytokine activity mediated by type 1 helper T (Th1) cells. Interleukin-12 is a key cytokine that initiates Th1-mediated inflammatory responses...
- The neuropeptide Y/peptide YY Y1 receptor is coupled to MAP kinase via PKC and Ras in CHO cellsP J Mannon
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 246:91-4. 1998..These data suggest a novel mechanism for Y1 receptor coupling to MAPK, which is at once pertussis toxin-sensitive as well as PKC- and Ras-dependent...
- Both IL-12p70 and IL-23 are synthesized during active Crohn's disease and are down-regulated by treatment with anti-IL-12 p40 monoclonal antibodyIvan J Fuss
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 12:9-15. 2006..These molecules contain an identical p40 chain that is bound to a p35 chain in IL-12 and a p19 chain in IL-23, making both potentially susceptible to modulation by an anti-IL-12p40 monoclonal antibody (mAb)...
- Persistence of HIV in gut-associated lymphoid tissue despite long-term antiretroviral therapyTae Wook Chun
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Infect Dis 197:714-20. 2008....
- Peptide YY/neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor expression in the epithelium and mucosal nerves of the human colonP J Mannon
Department of Medicine, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, NC 27710, USA
Regul Pept 83:11-9. 1999....
- Cycling of gut mucosal CD4+ T cells decreases after prolonged anti-retroviral therapy and is associated with plasma LPS levelsE J Ciccone
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Mucosal Immunol 3:172-81. 2010..These data suggest that gut T-cell activation and microbial translocation may be interconnected whereas prolonged ART may decrease activation and restore gut CD4+ T cells...
- Multiple endoscopic biopsies in research subjects: safety results from a National Institutes of Health seriesMichael D Yao
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 69:906-10. 2009..Routine endoscopic mucosal biopsies are generally considered safe. However, the outcomes of performing large numbers of biopsies in subjects enrolled in research protocols have not been reported...
- Successful granulocyte-colony stimulating factor treatment of Crohn's disease is associated with the appearance of circulating interleukin-10-producing T cells and increased lamina propria plasmacytoid dendritic cellsP J Mannon
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Host Defense, NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 155:447-56. 2009....
- Anti-IgE treatment of eosinophil-associated gastrointestinal disordersShabnam Foroughi
Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:594-601. 2007..Eosinophil-associated gastrointestinal disorders (EGIDs) are commonly associated with atopy and are being recognized with increasing frequency. Current therapy for EGIDs is inadequate...